Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Pagewide Pro 477 dw
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello,

I already tried 2 hours setting up the print to network folder feature.

I always get errors like wrong credentials, tried to disable every other SMB Protocols so there is only one left. Not SMBv1 nor SMBv2 nor SMBv3 works. Nor all 3 enabled works.

Now I get an error when trying to test my scan to folder settings:

Problem when testing. Click edit to check the settings, and try again. pgNetworkFolderAccounts-503

I tried to access the network share via windows computer and the same user, it works.

What can I do to make it work?

Greetings

Christoph

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hello Christoph,

which firmware version do you use? SMB v2 and v3 are supported only as of version 1818A.

It's best to do an update first:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers

Are you working with the host name or IP address of the destination?

Remember to set the DNS settings when working with the hostname.

In some rare cases, I did not succeed until I used username@domain instead of domain\username.

Regards

Florian

HP Recommended

Hey Florian,

I installed the version yesterday. Version: MAVEDWPP1N001.1829A.00.

If i try to run your file, the printer is grey and the latest firmware is already installed. Can't update.

The shares worked with hostnames before. I also tried an IP address for the server instead. Same error:

pgNetworkFolderAccounts-503

Tried this with all 3 SMB protocol versions active.

I also edited the share and used "user@domain" format, also "domain\user" format and only "user" format. Nothing works.

Do you know if a rollback to an earlier Firmware would be successful?

HP Recommended

Could it be the printer has general problems with its network module?

I tested it after the weekend, the configuration is unchanged, and everything works fine.

HP Recommended

I've been having issues with this for months now and have this printer at 4 sites. 

I have to use scan to email, since the scan to network feature DOESN'T WORK.

I have the latest firmware at this time 1829A.  Still scan to network doesn't work. 

I called and spoke with support, and was told this MFP was not made to scan to network folders which are on a different network and netmask .  Which literally makes no sense.  They told me I should buy a higher end printer. WOW really.  I'm so fed up with this machine. 

I waited months for a new firmware, and in the firmware notes it shows known fixes for issues with SMB, and it still doesnt works. 

I don't have any firewalls blocking traffic,  I dont have AV running blocking traffic, and I set the shares to be wide open with everyone having access.  Still these issues persist.  Now my mail server is blowing up in size, because HP cant fix this printer.

HP Recommended

22.10.2018 still no solution to the "pgNetworkFolderAccounts-503" Problem.

The "Solution" marked is just a "i give up" not a solution to Problem....

HP Recommended

@Wolfwaltergmbh
I think I have a solution!

My case was similar to yours.
I had the problem, that scaning to all my Windows clients worked, but not a single scan to any of my servers worked.

The Solution:
Turn off SMBv2 & SMBv3 in the advanced settings in the networksettings.

HP Recommended

Thank a lot. 

You are my Hero of The day!

Disabling SMBv2+3 worked for me!

HP Recommended

How can this be an acceptable solution???

Disabling modern smb protocols >2 and enabling smb1 requires you to enable the outdated and insecure SMB1 protocol on your windows files server or windows compatible storage system.

Windows 2019 example: 

Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName smb1protocol
Set-SmbServerConfiguration -EnableSMB1Protocol $true

Which in return becomes a security nightmare: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Storage-at-Microsoft/Stop-using-SMB1/ba-p/425858

Now my question to HP and the community. How do we enable scan2 smb2/3 folders from the PageWide Pro 477 series without compromising security?

HP Recommended

Found a working solution that does not compromise security by enabling SMB3 on the printer and the fileserver host. 

1. Upgrade your MFP to the latest available firmware (in my working setup this is firmware: MAVEDWPP1N001.1937D.00

2. On the printer management interface, browse to: NETWORK ==> Advanced Settings ==> SMB and disable all but SMB v3

Make sure your fileserver (must be Windows > 2012R2 and up) supports SMB3. You can browse from a client to the desired SMB share, open powershell and type: Get-SmbConnection
Powershell will show the open connections and the spoken dialect in return .

Caveats:

• When connecting to a share from the printer, make sure your username is no longer then 6 characters. 
  • Use Domain\User to specify the user and the domain.
  • Make sure you have appropriate permissions
Above settings worked for me and resulted in a working connection. Hope this helps. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.