Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
M283 fdw printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello.  I have just bought the above printer, and neither the HP Smart app nor the HP assistant will allow me to scan and print via the duplex method, even though I have downloaded what I thought was the appropriate scanner software.  Does anyone know what I need to do to achieve duplex printing on this printer?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please clarify the problem, while you refer to scanning only on its title, you refer to duplex printing and scanning in your post.

The printer supports 2-sided printing, it does not support 2-sided scanning.

What exact steps are taken? what are you trying to achieve?

To clarify, do you refer to duplex printing or duplex scanning? those are two different things.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Is there a way to scan duplex with this machine USING THE HP SMART APP? I know it doesn't support duplex scanning "out of the box", but I've seen videos online where there is existing HP software that allows one to feed a multi-page duplex document through the ADF to scan one side of each page, then turn the stack over and scan the other side, and the software will automatically re-order the pages correctly. Is this functionality not built into the HP SMART app?

HP Recommended

No, you cannot scan in manual duplex mode using HP Smart, you can do a such with HP Scan, however.

Follow HP Easy Start below by selecting the HP basic or HP Full Feature Software option and complete the installation:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/HPEasyStart_11_5_4644_17.exe

Once done, open HP Scan and under Scan Sides select Manual Duplexing and you will be prompt to reload the other side of the originals to complete scanning its other side.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Since there is no way to do duplex scanning using the iOS, Is there a version of HP Smart available for MacOS that will allow this, or does HP only support duplex printing on this printer with PC/Windows?

Todd

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.