Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Lenovo X1 Carbon & HPOfficejet Pro 8740
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I cannot find hp printer software to enable scan to computer for my hp8740 printer. I can view the device settings, but they do not give me any of the options that my HP Officejet Pro 8740 is telling me I should see there. Then there is that ridiculous HP Smart App... which I do not understand the need for since there are device settings on the computer. But neither location seems to allow me the option to scan something on my scanner and have it immediately download onto my computer. I think there may be some option where I open the App, tell it I am scanning, then scan, then upload to the computer from the app... but that is absolutely unacceptable as a practice. There must be a way to fix this. Can anyone help?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Support Community.

In order to enable Scan to Computer,  you need to enable it first from the  HP FULL featured software.

Download and install the HP FULL featured software from this link:

https://support.hp.com/sg-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-officejet-pro-8740-all-in-one-printer-series/790...

Full SW OJP 8740.jpg

Once you have successfully installed the FULL featured software, watch this resource on how to enable "Scan to Computer"

Thanks.

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

HP Recommended

Hi community users!

If you don't want to download the drivers available on our website, an option would be the built-in windows driver, it is not necessary to log in to your HP accounts. Access the following article for more information:

HP printer setup (Windows built-in driver)

SofiaML
HP Support Community

I work on behalf of HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.