Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8025
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just bought the 8025 and loved it... until I was ready to scan and OCR a page and couldn't find the option!  The first thing I thought was to pack it back up and send it back, but I decided to check the specs online and it DOES say it has OCR capabilities.

Where's the option?  Help!!!!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Lisa_G 

The OCR software is in your printer's Software and Drivers Support Website.

Look in category "Application - 3rd Party"

Information and Download page:

Readiris Pro 15 for HP

In so much that I am aware, this is a "single use" license.  This means you can install the software on one computer.

For example, install the OCR software on the same system where you installed the Full Feature Software (option available when you install / run the HPEasyStart software (found in the "Software" category in Software and Drivers).

Still need help?  Want more information?  Search for solutions...

Reference and Resources – Places to find (more) help and learn about your Printer

Printer Homepage – “Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type

Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides, Product Information, more

HP OfficeJet Pro 8025 All-in-One Printer

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

I wish I would have seen this message earlier!  I actually called Customer Service, and after they VERIFIED the feature was NOT available, I decided to pay for the 9015 and return the 8025!!!

Bad miscommunication from HP!!!

Well, thanks to my loyalty, I hope at least I get the same 3-5 years of use out of my more expensive purchase, not to mention, the productivity.

Thanks!

HP Recommended

@Lisa_G 

Ah, well.   That is disappointing.

Specifications (for the 9015 models)

You may like the "9015".  I just purchased, installed, and set up a new Officejet Pro 9025.  So far, I like it very much as a replacement for my older (and much loved) Officejet Pro 8630.

In the case of the "9025", there is no "separate" installation software listed in the Software and Drivers - the option is part of the Full Feature Software installation and includes the "HP Scan" software (with OCR) in the Printer Assistant.  I would guess the "9015" is set up the same way (though I'd not bet on that - I don't have the 9015).

General Example

9025_HP_Scan_OCR_19025_HP_Scan_OCR_1

Still need help?  Want more information?  Search for solutions...

Reference and Resources – Places to find (more) help and learn about your Printer

Printer Homepage – “Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type

Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides, Product Information, more

HP OfficeJet Pro 9015 All-in-One Printer

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.