Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8520
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

When I use the "scan to email" app, I receive an email like the one below, but nothing is attached. It has worked in the past. I have tried running the HP Print and Scan Doctor software. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the driver software. I have done a reboot of the printer and computer.  I am using the workaround of scanning to my computer and attaching to email but I would really like this to work without the extra step. 

Wed, May 30, 2018, 3:12 PM

to me       This email and attachment are sent on behalf of [personal information removed]

If you do not want to receive this email in future, you may contact [personal information removed] directly or you may consult your email application for spam or junk email filtering options.

Regards,
HP Team

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Yes, this is a limitation of the app.

For the 8720 printer you may use HP Digital Solutions to scan directly to email, this is a more reliable way of scanning to mail by directly connecting the printer to your email server and not through any cloud service and should provide you much faster and better results for a such.

To set up scanning to email using HP Digital Solutions see page 13 of its user guide below:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05050200

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

How many pages are you scanning?

Can you see the same results when scanning a smaller scan job?

What is your exact printer model? is it the HP Officejet Pro 8620?

HP Recommended

That was the issue. I tried one page and it worked. In my work I'm usually scanning 10-30 pages at a time. I have a HP OfficeJet Pro 8720. I guess now I know it has some limitations with that feature.  Thanks!

HP Recommended

Yes, this is a limitation of the app.

For the 8720 printer you may use HP Digital Solutions to scan directly to email, this is a more reliable way of scanning to mail by directly connecting the printer to your email server and not through any cloud service and should provide you much faster and better results for a such.

To set up scanning to email using HP Digital Solutions see page 13 of its user guide below:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05050200

Shlomi

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.