Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I'll need some help on how to debug the fact that running SSM as an application in MDT 2013 Upd2 crasches.

This is my setup:

- Installed on my workstation SDM 4.3.4.0

- Installed on my workstation SSM 3.2.4.1

- started SDM and downloaded SSM "certified" SoftPaqs for HP EliteBook 840 G1

- updated cva-files

- copied all content from the softpaq dowload directory to MDT2013 server \\mdtsrv1\hpssm$\hpeb840g1

- copied ssm.exe and ssm.bin to MDT2013 server \\mdtsrv1\hpssm$\hpeb840g1

- On MDT2013 server "mdtsrv1", run SSM in admin mode: D\hpssm$\hpeb840g1\ssm.exe

File store = D:\HPSSM\HPEB840G1W10X64

Share name = HPEB840G1W10X64

No reboot ...

No Display ...

No Force ....

No Create ...

No BIOS pwd

Check for cva-file update

Build Database

- On MDT2013 server "mdtsrv1",  created an standard application:

Quiet install command = ssm.exe \\mdtsrv1\HPSSM$\HPEB840G1W10X64 /accept /nodialog /noreboot /log:\\mdtsrv1\Logs$\HPSSM

Working directory = \\mdtsrv1\HPSSM$\HPEB840G1W10X64

- On MDT2013 server "mdtsrv1",  added the above application (as a single application) into my TS for depl Win10

in phase "State Restore" and before "Windows Update (Pre-appl)"

(a restart computer is also added after this entry)

Whats happend:

When I deploy a "HP EliteBook 840 G1" the ssm process run for a couple of minutes and then the window

"HP System Software Manager has stopped working" appears (but in swedish)

When I close the window,  a new window appears with "BDDRun has stopped working"

After closing this windows the deployment continue according to the TS.

I can se that most of the softpaqs has been installed but some has not.

In MDT's BDD.log I have this message:

"Application HP EliteBook 840 G1 - SSM returned an unexpected return code: -1073741818"

None errors in found in \\mdtsrv1\Logs$\HPSSM\"computername".htm 

//Leif

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.