Resolve Windows 10 related issues for your HP computers or printers by HP Windows 10 Support Center
I'll need some help on how to debug the fact that running SSM as an application in MDT 2013 Upd2 crasches.
This is my setup:
- Installed on my workstation SDM 22.214.171.124
- Installed on my workstation SSM 126.96.36.199
- started SDM and downloaded SSM "certified" SoftPaqs for HP EliteBook 840 G1
- updated cva-files
- copied all content from the softpaq dowload directory to MDT2013 server \\mdtsrv1\hpssm$\hpeb840g1
- copied ssm.exe and ssm.bin to MDT2013 server \\mdtsrv1\hpssm$\hpeb840g1
- On MDT2013 server "mdtsrv1", run SSM in admin mode: D\hpssm$\hpeb840g1\ssm.exe
File store = D:\HPSSM\HPEB840G1W10X64
Share name = HPEB840G1W10X64
No reboot ...
No Display ...
No Force ....
No Create ...
No BIOS pwd
Check for cva-file update
- On MDT2013 server "mdtsrv1", created an standard application:
Quiet install command = ssm.exe \\mdtsrv1\HPSSM$\HPEB840G1W10X64 /accept /nodialog /noreboot /log:\\mdtsrv1\Logs$\HPSSM
Working directory = \\mdtsrv1\HPSSM$\HPEB840G1W10X64
- On MDT2013 server "mdtsrv1", added the above application (as a single application) into my TS for depl Win10
in phase "State Restore" and before "Windows Update (Pre-appl)"
(a restart computer is also added after this entry)
When I deploy a "HP EliteBook 840 G1" the ssm process run for a couple of minutes and then the window
"HP System Software Manager has stopped working" appears (but in swedish)
When I close the window, a new window appears with "BDDRun has stopped working"
After closing this windows the deployment continue according to the TS.
I can se that most of the softpaqs has been installed but some has not.
In MDT's BDD.log I have this message:
"Application HP EliteBook 840 G1 - SSM returned an unexpected return code: -1073741818"
None errors in found in \\mdtsrv1\Logs$\HPSSM\"computername".htm
Didn't find what you were looking for?
Ask the community