Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
all
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

hello,

we are using RGS on our service to get possibility for indians to work on french computers.

sometimes, we have some issues that close the remote session on windows but not on RGS.

symptoms are that we can look on the real display that the remote user is connected and logged on the computer but the user can not recover his session.

the only way we have is to open a new parallel session on the real computer (not possible remotly due to the RGS session already openned) and to restart the computer to close the RGS session.

is it a way to kill the RGS session and relaunch the software to get back the hand on the session remotly openned without restart the computer?

cheers and thanks in advance.

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Can you tell me what version of RGS you are running?  On Windows, you can restart the sender service without have to reboot the computer.  Helpful to know what version of RGS you are running as there are fixes that address many issues in newer versions of RGS.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

hello,

thanks for your answer!

the version we use is 7.0.2.

thanks

HP Recommended

Would definitely recommend upgrading to latest RGS version 7.3.3.  Since you are currently using 7.0.2, there is no cost to upgrade.  Attaching the release notes for 7.3.3.  This also goes over what has been fixed since 7.0.2. 

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Hi there,

I am having a similar issue but on a centos 7.2 machine, it will kick off the user at random intervals and thow up an error on the reciever side saying 'The Receiver was able to look up and resolve the specified hostname or IP address. However, the Receiver was unable to establish a connection to the Sender. There are several possibilities such as the Sender is not installed, the Sender is not running, the Sender is listening on the wrong network interface, or a firewall is blocking the Sender.'

Is there a way I can restart the sender service /daemon in centos? I am able to get around the issue by restarting the machine, but by doing this I am losing the users work.

I am able to ping the machine too. The sender version is Version 7.2.3.9104

Thanks

HP Recommended

Currently there is not a way to restart the sender without rebooting on Linux.  However, that has been added to RGS 7.4 which will be released in August 2017.  We always recommend that you move to latest version as there are fixes for issues, added features, etc.  Not sure if you review the release notes that I added to last reply.  Here they are again.  Release notes are from last release on the web 7.3.3, but also include everything for previous versions.

I work on the behalf of HP.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Great, thanks Kelly! I shall keep an eye on RGS 7.4.

Cheers

HP Recommended

Hello, I think my organization is on 7.4, how would you be able to do disconnect a RGS session on Linux?  I looked at the RGS 7.4 User guide but, didn't see anything about disconnected a RGS session except for windows.   

Thanks in advance.

HP Recommended

Are you trying to kill the sender and then have the xserver restart without losing work, not wanting to do a reboot to do so?  Just want to make sure I understand your question. 

I work on the behalf of HP.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Yes, exactly. If there is a way we can kill a remote RGS session without the user losing any work on linux, that would be great.

Thanks,

Pete

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.