Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
05-23-2017 11:08 AM
Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.
I understand that you have an HP Envy laptop and get a message that the "touchcontrol has tried to access this site and been blocked. Protection is with Bitdefender."
To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:
- The exact product model no. This link will help you to find the model no: http://hp.care/2bygf7l
- By touchcontrol, is it in reference to the touchpad or the touchscreen?
- Does this message appears as soon as the laptop restarts and boots into Windows or comes up randomly while using the laptop?
I did some digging on this case and found that Bitdefender is a brand name that provides Antivirus solutions. Did you ever try going to that website before?
Meanwhile, I suggest you to open the Windows Task Manager and end any process that is related to Bitdefender.
NOTE: You may check under the processes tab, Startup and Services tab for anything that is related to Bitdefender and disable it.
I hope this information helps. Let me know how it goes. All the best! 🙂
05-24-2017 07:38 PM
Turning off Bitdefender isn't an option as it is the protection software for my computer. The problem is that touch control is automatically trying to access something it shouldn't. Touch control is the HP software for accessing the computer with a finger swipe.
05-25-2017 02:53 PM
May I know your laptop model no?
Meanwhile, please perform these steps:
- Click Start, type "uninstall a program," and press Enter.
- Once this loads, find Simple Pass (may be named HP Simple Pass).
- Right click and uninstall this program.
- Restart your notebook after the uninstall.
- Verify the issue is resolved.
Hope this does the trick. Keep me posted. Thanks!