Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a HP Pavillion dv6000 notebook pc. I need to find a Broadcom 802.11 wireless lan driver BCM94311MCG for Windows 7 Ultimate, 32Bit. I tried the Vista one, and it will not work. 

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

When requesting assistance, please provide the complete model name and/or product number of the HP computer in question. HP makes at least 50 different models of the dv6000 series. Without this information it may be difficult or impossible to assist you in resolving your issue.

Please send KUDOs

Frank

***** Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping *****
***** Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my help solved your issue *****
***** This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP *****

HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP ENVY x360 m6-w103dx - Windows 10, 8GB RAM, Intel HD 520
HP Recommended

Sorry bout that, I should know better. Computer is HP Pavilion dv6000.

OS is Windows 7 Ultimate 32Bit.

I know the original config is XP or Vista, but next year I hear no support for XP, and Vista quite frankly was not so great. I recovered the system from a BSOD. It is quite stable running Ultimate 32Bit, just one driver to find.

I know there is a wireless 802.11 card, but the device manager does not display any except the ethernet networking controller. I hope you can help, as I just checked and that is th only one I need now !

The card is a Broadcom Radio Model BCM94311MCG.

I tried the Broadcom website, no luck, they have the 94312 & 13, no 11 !

{Content Removed}

p/n RG@79UA#ABA

Thanks so much.

Rick

HP Recommended

p/n "RG@79UA#ABA" is incomplete / inaccurate. Please correct the p/n for the computer and provide the "HardwareIDs" from the Windows devoce manager.

Please send KUDOs

Frank

***** Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my help solved your issue *****
***** This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP *****

HP Recommended

Sorry, I typed it too fast.

S/N  {Private Information Removed}

The hardware ID is not available in Divice Mgr. It lists only the ethernet controller, no wireless one. It does have a wireless switch on the fron of the machine, but I have tried both positions, it never shows in divice mgr.

HP Recommended

Here are the specs for your HP Pavilion dv6119us Notebook Computer. Your computer shipped with Windows XP and was Windows Vista ready when released. Drivers and Software for XP and VIsta can be found HERE. Upgrading to Windows 7 may difficult or impossible. Please post the "Hardware Ids" as shown in the example below (should be available even if a driver isn't installed);

wireless.png

Your computer has an nVidia nForce chipset and I would venture a guess that the wired network adapter is either nVidia or Realtek. Again, please post the "Hardware Ids".

Please send KUDOs

Frank

HP Recommended

The device manager does not show the device at all. it only shows NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller. On the card itself it says: 

AS # 395216-001

SPS# 407159-001

I am going to keep checking.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Have you tried a hard reset to see if Wireless adapter appears in Device Manager? Remove power cord and battery. Press power button for 20-30 seconds. Reinstall only power cord for first start. Does wireless now show in DM?

This model actually is one of those previously covered by a class action where many were replaced by Nvidia due to motherboard fault (for those who filed a claim early enough -long expired now) . Seen in dv2000/dv6000/dv9000 the fault was/is reportedly due to bad solder of the Nvidia GPU chip which eventually results in complete failure. Early symptoms include constant reboot, no display on screen_disappearance of wireless adapter.

Reflow of GPU chip has been a popular fix for those not lucky enough to get in on replacement.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

I tried that and it still does not show the adapter in the dm. If I do not have the correct driver it should still show up, I have no doubt the card is there, I removed the back cover and it is there. I have been woking on laptops a while now, I have never had a problem where a device is not listed. Unless as you say there was a problem with this unit loosing connection to the motherboard. Does the OS affect the wireless card? I know the original OS was Windows XP, with upgrade to Vista. I installed Windows 7 Ultimate, I would not think the wireless card would care what OS is installed, it will receive a signal or not. I have a dead Toshiba Sattelite with a wifi card, could I change it out to see if that one will work? It has a Atheros 802.11 b/g wireless-LAN.

I know that is a lot of questions I am tring to cover all the bases. I will also contact the owner to see if the wireless was working the last time the PC was working. When they brought it to me for repairs they said it gave them a BSOD. It fired right up for me, but I did not think about checking the dm for the wireless before I installed Windows 7.

Thanks so much for your help.

HP Recommended

I found out the wireless stopped working, and they were plugging into a modem before they received the BSOD, so there may be no fix for it, driver or otherwise. I do appriciate any more input, would love to figure out the problem before I give it back to the owner.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.