Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
iOS 12 - 12.0.1

My Sprocket connects via Bluetooth. However my phone says that the device is not supported. I have tried everything that has been posted in this Support forum. Nothing has worked. HELP. I am really gutted about this device not working 

Sprocket.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Harri2112

Thank you for joining HP Forums.

It's a pleasure assisting you in finding answers to your technical queries.

Let's try updating the Firmware and the iOS and check if this helps you out.

Update the sprocket firmware 

HP regularly releases printer updates. Upgrading the printer firmware might resolve the issue.

1. Make sure the printer is on and your mobile device is connected to the Internet.
  2. On your mobile device, open the HP Sprocket app.
  3. Tap the Menu icon, and then tap your printer in the list.

The printer information screen displays.

1. Look for a printer firmware upgrade.
    • If a firmware upgrade displays, tap Get Firmware Upgrade and then follow the on-screen prompts to complete the update.
    • If a firmware upgrade option does not display, the printer firmware is up to date. 

Update the iOS

go to Settings > General > Software Update.

If the issue persists, Uninstall the app and reinstall it.

Keep me posted, how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

It’s not connecting to the app either so I cannot update the firmware 

HP Recommended

Hi,

I understand you are getting an "Accessory Not Supported" message when trying to pair the Sprocket printer with an iPhone.  This unfortunatley is a hardware issue with the printer. We apologzie for any inconvenience. Please contact customer support to get a replacement unit. 

https://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

I work on behalf of HP
Regards,
StretchMusic

If the answer provided resolves your issue please press the thumbs up button in order to make the answer available to others.
HP Recommended

Is there any why that I could apply for a new sprocket online.

HP Recommended

Hi,

If you purchased the printer from hp.com you can follow the link below to setup a return. If purchased from another location plaease call customer support to get options. 

https://store.hp.com/us/en/cv/returnsandexchanges

I work on behalf of HP
Regards,
StretchMusic

If the answer provided resolves your issue please press the thumbs up button in order to make the answer available to others.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.