Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP sprocket 200
Other

Daughter had this for Christmas. Downloaded sprocket app on iPhone 6 iOS 12.1.2 and get through all screens to select the sprocket then get error message to say accessory not supported by this device . 

Bluetooth is enabled and it lists the sprocket as a device.  If you try to print it says you have to configure the printer by launching the app.

Tried turning phone on and off and deleted and dueliading app many many times but still no joy.

pkease help as just keep going round in circles!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@CRnzaus

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries.

Appreciate all your time and efforts,

Let's reset the printer

1. Make sure the printer is on.

2. Remove the paper cover.

Opening the paper cover

3. Locate the Reset button.

Locating the reset button

4. With a paperclip or pin, press and hold the Reset button until the Charging Indicator light turns off.

The printer resets and turns off.

5. Replace the paper cover, and then turn on the printer.

Then, try adding the printer using the App.

Update the sprocket firmware 

HP regularly releases printer updates. Upgrading the printer firmware might resolve the issue.

1. Make sure the printer is on and your mobile device is connected to the Internet.
  2. On your mobile device, open the HP Sprocket app.
  3. Tap the Menu icon, and then tap your printer in the list.

The printer information screen displays.

1. Look for a printer firmware upgrade.
    • If a firmware upgrade displays, tap Get Firmware Upgrade and then follow the on-screen prompts to complete the update.
    • If a firmware upgrade option does not display, the printer firmware is up to date. 

Update the iOS

go to Settings > General > Software Update.

Try to print.

Keep me posted, how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Tried your advice by resetting printer and this didn’t work.

Im not sure if I’m using the correct app as there is no menu option to be able to update firmware.2B3CE96E-DC9D-493F-82AA-2AB568B7F846.png

BAF33EC2-ED22-4D5A-9D85-D85153C4FE4A.png

39EBDF1B-8A29-4118-A207-A8E196505C99.png

HP Recommended

@CRnzaus

It looks like you were interacting with @Raj1788, but he is out for the day. I'm KrazyToad & I'm at your service. 

Make sure your iPhone is connected to the Internet and then open the HP sprocket app. If there is a firmware update available, a firmware update screen displays. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the update. Your printer must be charged to 25% or higher before a firmware update.

Ensure your iPhone has all the latest updates

You can download the Sprocket App from here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hp-sprocket/id1132331237?mt=8

If the issue persists after the Reset please follow the instructions I sent in the private message

Please check your private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile.

Next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope

Thank you 😊

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello,

I understand you are trying to setup your Sprocket 200 printer and gettng an Accessory Not Supported message. 

If you follow the Reveal path on the onboarding screen you will get to the side menu where you connect the printer and upgrade the firmware. 

I suggest going to Blueooth Settings on the phone and if a Sprocket printer shows press the I icon and forget the device and then restart the phone. 

Then follow the setps below to factory reset the printer. 

You can initiate a factory reset by using the steps below. A factory reset can only be completed when the USB charging cable is NOT connected to the printer. 1. Hold the power button for about 7 seconds total. After 3 seconds, the Status LED light will turn off to indicate the printer is shutting down; continue to hold the Power button until the LED lights start to flash. 2. Release the power button. The LEDs will continue blinking for about 6 seconds. 3. While the LEDs are blinking, press and release the power button. The device will remain off until you power on again. 4. Power on; the printer will be reset to factoring settings. After a factory reset, all settings are reset to factory defaults (Custom Name, LED color, Sleep Time, Auto-Off, etc.) 

Then try to connect the printer in side menu of Sprocket app. Press icon with lines at top left and then go to Sprocket>Manage Printers. Try to pair the printer again. 

Unforturnately, if the Accessory Not Supported message appears again the devcie would have a hardware issue. You may contact customer support for further assistance to get it replaced.

I work on behalf of HP
Regards,
StretchMusic

If the answer provided resolves your issue please press the thumbs up button in order to make the answer available to others.
HP Recommended

I also encountered this problem before. Google told me that both hardware and software can cause this problem. For example, an MFi-certified accessory or a low iOS version may cause the iPhone to not support attachments.
I also saw the problem of trying to clean the charging port, iOS wireless update to the latest version or using the DFU mode to recover the iPhone/iPad can solve the problem that the accessory not be supported on iPhone.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.