Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Sprocket
Hello,
I recently bought an HP sprocket. I used the first time, being sure to include the calibration sheet face-down in and printed the first picture fine. Theven second time I printed a picture, the photo came out with black lines down it. I then reset the sprocket with a pin, let it cool down for a bit, and presumed to try again using the calibration sheet face down again. I was disappointed to get the same black lines down the picture. I have tried different images as well and still there are black lines down my pictures. I am using genuine HP sprocket zink paper and like I said, I have tried recalibration and giving it time to cool down. I have wasted 4 prints and unhappy, I would appreciate some help, my attempts to contact HP over phone have failed. I look forward to your response.
Much Thanks,
Carter Gottschalk
4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello@CarterGottschal

Welcome to the HP Forums.I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.As I understand you have print quality issues on your sprocket printer.I'll be more than glad to help you out.

I recommend you try the steps from the link below and check if that fixes the issue: http://hp.care/2jBMIeO (Refer What can I do to improve print quality? section)

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again.

Cheers, have a nice day.

If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

Regards,
Sizzlingsum_13
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Hello @Sizzlingsum_13,
Thank you for your suggestion, but as I stated in my post, I already did all the steps listed in the help you gave me. I was very careful to let it cool down, use the right paper, and also to use the blue sheet to calibrate/clean the roller. I even called hp and they couldn't find any other troubleshooting to do. I believe my device is just deffective, but I am being sent a new one. Many thanks.
HP Recommended

@CarterGottschal

I thank you for the reply.

Glad to know that you're getting the replacement printer.

You can reach out to HP forum for any issues on your HP products.

Cheers, have a nice day 🙂

Regards,
Sizzlingsum_13
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Did the replacement printer solve this?

I can return my to Best Buy this evening as I just bought it.

First photo, B&W: There is a brownish hue to it (no lines).

Second photo (color):  Bad Lines perpendicular to the paper path, colors are off (looks like a greenish tint to it, reds are washed out.

I'm not doing any edits in the HP Sprocket app, taking a photo that I'd processed in LR and printing it.

In both cases, there is resizing going on in the HP Sprocket app.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.