Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Sprocket
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan
When I try to install the firmware on the printer it stops just before the end and no matter how long I leave it for its stuck! Please help me as I can’t print anything and I think the firmware is the problem! Many thanks
12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hi @Charlie010387,

Thanks for reaching out to the HP community. A very good day to you.  I reviewed the post regarding issues with printing  issues with the HP sprocket printer Superb description and stupendous diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂

For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this:

• DId you try the reset the printer and update the firmware?
  • Are you using the correct recommended media to print?

For now, try these steps:

Please reset the printer first. then try to update the printer firmware. Follow the relevant steps from this link: http://hp.care/2BH91Go which has FAQs.

• What if the printer does not print?
  • Why is my printout blank?
  • How do I reset my printer?
  • How do I upgrade my printer firmware?
  • Why do I need to load the Smartsheet®?
  • What paper sizes are supported?
  • Can I send multiple print jobs at the same time?

Also check this link: http://hp.care/2kmkW86 to improve print quality on the printer.

Now check if the issue gets resolved.

If the issue continues, then try all the relevant steps from this link: http://hp.care/2BabhbN

If the printer has no hardware issues, these steps should fix the issue. 

Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. The trick is to remain patient. Going by your technical expertise and competence I am sure you will be able to perform these steps without breaking a sweat. 🙂

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a terrific week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
I have followed all the steps above perfectly I can assure you - I’m now having problems even getting the sprocket to connect, my Bluetooth connects to it and in the app when I click on sprocket in the menu it says ‘no printer connected’ - please can I reiterate that I have tried all the above steps!!!!!!
HP Recommended

Hello @Charlie010387 - 

I completely understand your frustration and we want to resolve this for you ASAP.

It sounds like you need to "update" your version of the Sprocket iOS app before attempting the firmware update.  You should be running app version 2.03.1 on your phone.  If you're having trouble seeing your sprocket as 'connected' in the app after the upgrade, you'll need to close the app, then forget/re-pair your device through the Apple bluetooth menu, then reopen the app.

A more detailed set of instructions for how to resolve this issue are contained in the support document here:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05300073

Hope that helps...

***I am an HP employee***

The comments above represent myself and do not reflect the opinions of HP.

If my post solved your issue, please click "Accepted Solution" on the post . To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below! Thank you 🙂
HP Recommended
I’ve already done that also, next step = throwing the sprocket out of the window.............
HP Recommended

@Charlie010387 - 

Could you provide us with a bit more detail on your mobile environment?

- Brand/model of phone

- Assuming Apple - iOS version (Settings -> General -> About -> Version

- Sprocket App version - (Menu -> sprocket -> App Settings -> App Version (tap) -> Version (e.g: 2.xx.x)

- Sprocket firmware version - With product connected:  (Menu -> sprocket -> Printers -> Firmware Version (e.g: 1.1.2)

If you're willing to help with this information, we can troubleshoot your issue much easier and hopefully keep that Sprocket unit from flying outside 🙂

If my post solved your issue, please click "Accepted Solution" on the post . To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below! Thank you 🙂
HP Recommended
Apple iPhone 6
iOS 11.1.2
Sprocket app version 2.03
Firmware 1.1.3

Joking aside after saying I was about to throw the sprocket out of the window it did randomly print a photo albeit a very pink version of it!
HP Recommended
Sorry the sprocket app version is 2.3.1
HP Recommended

Hey @Charlie010387 - 

Thank you so much for the helpful info!  This is perfect!

I noticed you're still running iOS 11.1.2, which is the previous version.  Unfortunately, Apple had introduced some rather serious bluetooth issues in earlier versions of iOS 11, which have since been corrected in their latest 11.2 release.

Could you possibly try updating your iOS version from 11.1.2 -> 11.2 and let us know if that resolves your FW update woes?  You should be able to manually check for a software update on your phone from:  Settings -> General -> Software Update.

Let me know if that puts you on the path to firmware upgrade success 🙂  

HP Recommended
Thanks - I avoided updating my software based on something another user said about it not working at all but there is literally nothing else I can do now so i’ll give it a try and report back!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.