Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Sprocket Photo Printer
iOS

I purchased an HP Sprocket Photo Printer to be able to take and print pictures with my kids and grandkids and to be able to edit them with funny messages, frames, pictures, etc. as was shown to be done in the presentation I saw on it.

When I received it I downloaded the Spocket app onto my iPhone 5S, but when I print pictures, they printed out very dark.  Also, I do not get the EDIT icon in the top right corner of my phone when I select a photo, like they showed in the presentation AND  a Utube video I watched on it.  It also shows the EDIT icon in the manual I downloaded and in information I accessed on the HP website.

I called HP Customer Support and spoke with several people, the last being a woman who told me I needed to also download a Photo Edit app, something that was never mentioned anywhere.  Being as frustrated as I was with it all, I did download a Photo Edit app, although I didn't feel that was going to be the solution.  I figured how could two apps be running at one time, but since I'm not that tech savvy I thought, let's give it a try.  Needless to say, that didn't work either.  I still don't get the little EDIT icon they spoke of.  I really don't want to return the unit but if I don't get information on how to resolve this problem, I will.  I would appreciate any feedback that can help me to be able to edit my photos.    

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi @VeroCruze,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are unable to edit the photos on the HP Sprocket app.

This issue could occur if the right app is not downloaded.

Let's go through a few steps that may help to fix this issue. 

I suggest that you download the app from the link: http://apple.co/2sfM8s7

You may also check the link: Printing Photos

Let me know how this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Unfortunately the links that you sent me I had already seen.  I downloaded the Sprocket app on my iPhone itself.  I have an iPhone5S.  When I went to the link that you shared, it was the same place I had gone for the original downloading of the app.  As far as the Printing Photos link, I had also already accessed that in my own searches online.  So, having said that, I have still not been able to resolve the problem.

HP Recommended

Hi @VeroCruze
Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that the issue did not resolve after following the steps in the previous interaction.

As we have tried all the possible solutions for this issue, please contact HP phone support for further assistance at the link: www.hp.com/contacthp

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

I have already contacted HP Support, got a "Case Number", called in, and spoke to numerous people (like about six) about this same problem.  Four of them listened to my problem and transfered me to someone else.  The other two both gave me information I had already obtained via the internet and were not helpful in any way, just as you have done.  And one of those two also told me I needed to download a Photo Edit app, which was not stated anywhere in any of the information that I had obtained, not from the actual presentation I saw on the unit prior to my purchasing it, nor in any of the information from the HP website or elsewhere.  I actually did download a Photo Edit app just to see if it would help and it did not.  It is amazing to me that I cannot get a resolution to a problem with an HP product from anyone from HP support.  I still have time to return this product and I am seriously considering that at this point.  Not only because the product isn't performing in the way that it says it is supposed to, but because of the fact that the HP people I have spoken to have no resolution.

HP Recommended

Hello, @VeroCruze

I see that you were interacting with @Rainbow23. I'd like to jump in with a suggestion 🙂

I'm afraid that the iOS support for ‘editing’ was dropped on iOS 8 devices starting the week of April 18th while using the HP Sprocket app. 

We recommend you upgrade your iOS device to iOS 9 or later.  This will enable support for the Editing feature in the Sprocket app. You may have to delete and reinstall the Sprocket app after updating to iOS 9 or later.

If you cannot upgrade at this point, you can try using some 3rd party editing software. Some recommended 3rd party editing apps are: Pic Collage, Aviary, Snapseed, and Photoshop Express.

I hope that answers your concern adequately. Let me know!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

So let me clarify...basically what you're telling me is that the presentation that was given by QVC on June 4, 2017 (which was the date I made the purchase of the Sprocket) that stated that the editing feature would work with iOS 8 devices was false information AND all of the information online provided by HP is also inaccurate?  Everything I have obtained online from HP as far as the manual for the Sprocket and other information, states that the device will work with iOS 8 devices.

And you're also telling me that I need to upgrade my phone now in order for the edit feature on the Sprocket to function?

HP Recommended

Hello, @VeroCruze

I have escalated your concern to HP’s Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options, if any. 

You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding holidays & Weekends). 

Response times may vary by region. 

Please send a Private Message, if you aren’t contacted within 4-5 business days.

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.