Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
sprocket 2000
iOS

Just purchased a new Sprocket 2000 (literally 6 hours out of the shop). I put in the genuine paper that came in the box, blue card down first etc etc. The photos it is printing are grainy and dull and not very good quality at all. I’m sure this isn’t normal considering it’s a popular printing device. Using an Apple iPhone XS, iOS version13.3. Hoping it’s an easy fix 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Macca0307

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.

The model of the printer you are using, is it a HP Sprocket 200?

Let us try these steps to resolve the print quality issue:

Check for any software updates on the iOS device.

Upgrade the Sprocket firmware

HP regularly releases firmware updates. Upgrading the firmware might resolve the issue.

1. Make sure the Sprocket is on and your mobile device is connected to the Internet.

2. On your mobile device, open the HP sprocket app.

3. Tap the Menu icon , and then tap sprocket.

4. Tap Manage Printers, make sure your Sprocket is selected, and then tap Printer Settings.

5. Under the Status section, locate Battery.

• If the battery charge is 25% or higher, continue with these steps.

• If the battery charge is 24% or lower, charge the battery for at least 30 minutes, and then continue with these steps.

6. In Printer Settings, look for a firmware upgrade.

• If a firmware upgrade displays, tap Get Firmware Upgrade, and then follow the on-screen prompts to complete the update.

• If a firmware upgrade option does not display, the firmware is up-to-date.

Also, perform steps 3 and 4 from this document.

If the issue persists, reset the printer

1. Make sure the printer is on.

2. Remove the paper cover.

Opening the paper cover

3. Locate the Reset button.

Locating the reset button

4. With a paperclip or pin, press and hold the Reset button until the Charging Indicator light turns off.

The printer resets and turns off.

5. Replace the paper cover, and then turn on the printer.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Kumar, thank you for your reply. Yes Sprocket 200. I only downloaded the app when I purchased the device (last week) so everything is new and should be current (?). I have taken the paper out and reset, etc. fully charged, the colour quality remains the same. 

HP Recommended

@Macca0307

Appreciate you trying the steps. 

I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding this. 

Thanks! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.