Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
hp sprocket photo printer
iOS
I’m having problems with my photo quality after i updated my firmware to 1.1.5. The photos always have visible blue lines across the picture. Is there a way that I can downgrade my firmware? Or how can I fix this issue? Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Thanks for engaging in HP support Forums! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips!

As I understand you are having print quality issues on your HP Sprocket printer. Don't worry we'll work together to find a solution for you,

Let's try these steps here:

Let's first try to reset the printer to get it working properly. On the printer, locate the reset button near the charging port, insert a straight pin into the reset button access point, and then press the reset button for 3 seconds to reset the printer.

Once done, reconnect the printer via Bluetooth.

If you haven't already, you may want to try updating the firmware on your sprocket printer.

Once you have a connection via the Sprocket app, please do the following to update the firmware:

1.)           Make sure your Sprocket battery is charged greater than 75%, otherwise you won’t see the firmware update option.

2.)           Ensure your Sprocket is powered on and connected to your phone/sprocket app (green circle in menu)

3.)           In the Sprocket mobile app, tap ‘menu’ (3 lines) -> ‘sprocket’ -> ‘Printers’ -> ‘Get Firmware Upgrade’ (blue text)

If the issue still persists, go to this link and perform the steps mentioned under "What can I do to improve print quality?".

For more details, please visit this link: Click here

Please respond to this post with the result of your troubleshooting. I look forward to hearing from you. 

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.

If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi. I appreciate the quick response. I already reset my sprocket then checked for a firmware upgrade but there was no upgrade option. So i guess my device firmware is up to date (firmware is 1.1.5). The print quality remains the same though, with visible blue lines across the picture. What are my other options to fix this printer? thanks

HP Recommended

Hi @Pattiie,

Thank you for replying,

As I understand you have followed the steps suggested and still having the issue, don't worry as I have a few other steps which should help you resolve this issue.

The latest iOS update resulted in a connectivity issue. Fortunately, this issue has been addressed and you can take the following steps to resolve it:

• Update your Sprocket iOS app to version 2.03.1 or later
  • Charge your sprocket battery to at least 50%
  • Power off your sprocket printer
  • In the iPhone Bluetooth menu (Settings -> Bluetooth), tap the ‘i’ button next to the “sprocket” device, then tap “Forget This Device”
  • Restart your iPhone by pressing/holding the power button for 3 seconds, then sliding to power off.
  • Power on your sprocket printer
  • Discover and pair your sprocket printer by tapping on the “sprocket” device when it appears in the iPhone Bluetooth menu (Settings -> Bluetooth).
  • Open the sprocket mobile app, where you’ll be automatically prompted for the firmware upgrade.

If you have followed the steps suggested and still having the issue. I would suggest you contact our HP phone support for further assistance. 

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

If you have any troubles, let me know and I will do my best to help!

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.