Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Sprocket
Android 9.0 Pie

Hi,

after using HP products for years, I was very excited to use the HP Sprocket for its compact size.

I must say that it's the first time I'm so disappointed.

- I installed the app on my phone,

- charged the little guy,

- put the blue paper (smartsheet) face down first, followed by the zink paper face up

- took a few pictures from my phone and pressed the print button.

- first the smartsheet went through followed by my printout. Some vertical blank line (as if the roller speed wasn't consistant) appeared on the picture. (you can feel a depression when you pass the finger on the printout where the lines are).

- I googled the issue, saw the threads on this forum, read a few answers and started regretting getting the sprocket.

1. I waited for the sprocket to be completely charged
  2. I checked the firmware (1.1.8). No upgrade was offered
  3. I disabled Reveal for print
  4. I tried reseting it, still terrible results on the printouts
  5. I tried removing the paper, reinserting the smartsheet, still terrible results
  6. I tried again with only one piece of blank paper and the smartsheet, good results!
  7. tried again the exact same picture, the exact same conditions, terrible results (the previous one must have been sheer luck)
  8. I tried other different images and collages, terrible results
  9. I've used the 10 sheets of stickers provided with the sprocket and got one good printout. At the price of the Zink paper I hesitate to waste another 90% of the sheets...

So, here's my question to HP: is there a known issue and a fix for it or am I to simply throw the sprocket away? 

Please do not send me the usual link to the update driver <https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c05660842>, I've seen it and nothing so far works.

Looking forward to hearing from anyone who can save what I hoped would be a nifty little piece of hardware!

Notes: the model number is HP Sprocket 100 / Z3Z91A#427 / RMN: SNPRH-1603 (bought at Popular Singapore) 

Screenshot_2020-01-12-14-40-55-557_com.hp.impulse.sprocket.jpg 

original Zink paper from HPoriginal Zink paper from HPunusable sticker...unusable sticker...

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @chezlio

Welcome to the HP Support Community. Apologies for the inconvenience. I'm afraid this seems like a hardware issue with the sprocket as all the troubleshooting steps have been performed and the issue persists. 

Please contact our HP Support team for Service Options:

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Select the appropriate option based on your preference.

6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.