after using HP products for years, I was very excited to use the HP Sprocket for its compact size.
I must say that it's the first time I'm so disappointed.
- I installed the app on my phone,
- charged the little guy,
- put the blue paper (smartsheet) face down first, followed by the zink paper face up
- took a few pictures from my phone and pressed the print button.
- first the smartsheet went through followed by my printout. Some vertical blank line (as if the roller speed wasn't consistant) appeared on the picture. (you can feel a depression when you pass the finger on the printout where the lines are).
- I googled the issue, saw the threads on this forum, read a few answers and started regretting getting the sprocket.
I waited for the sprocket to be completely charged
I checked the firmware (1.1.8). No upgrade was offered
I disabled Reveal for print
I tried reseting it, still terrible results on the printouts
I tried removing the paper, reinserting the smartsheet, still terrible results
I tried again with only one piece of blank paper and the smartsheet, good results!
tried again the exact same picture, the exact same conditions, terrible results (the previous one must have been sheer luck)
I tried other different images and collages, terrible results
I've used the 10 sheets of stickers provided with the sprocket and got one good printout. At the price of the Zink paper I hesitate to waste another 90% of the sheets...
So, here's my question to HP: is there a known issue and a fix for it or am I to simply throw the sprocket away?
Welcome to the HP Support Community. Apologies for the inconvenience. I'm afraid this seems like a hardware issue with the sprocket as all the troubleshooting steps have been performed and the issue persists.
Please contact our HP Support team for Service Options: