Did you mean: 
lau3
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Says my postcode is not valid

HP Recommended
HP ENVY 5020
trying to link laptop to new wireless printer, when entering postcode it says 'please enter a valid postcode' even though my postcode is correct.
0 Kudos
Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Jeet_singh
Retired
Retired
21,068 21,032 1,399 2,365
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @lau3,

Thanks for engaging in HP support Forums! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips! I see that you are having issues while installing the printer. Don't worry I'll be glad to help you with this.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Could you provide me with the Operating system installed on the PC? Is it Windows or Mac

Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the printer drivers?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here: 

For Windows: 

• First, unplug the USB cable from the printer if present.
  • Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP Envy printer entries and uninstall them.
  • Now go to Control panel – Devices and printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
  • Press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" (There is a space between .exe & /) and press enter.
  • Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
  • Again, go to the Run window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.
  • Restart your computer.
  • Now click https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-5000-all-in-one-printer-series/14095644/mod... (Please select the correct Operating system and version of Windows before downloading and installing the printer software).
  • Connect the USB cable if prompted and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.

Let me know if those steps worked for you.

If they did, that’s awesome!

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation