Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
12-04-2018 03:43 AM
I just unboxed the new Sprocket 200 and I can't get it to work. Everything seems to be fine (white led is on when I put papers the blue one goes through and then it is no able to connect with the phone.
So far I tried :
1. Restart the sprocket on a little button using the instructions
2. Completely bring sprocket to manufacturing setup
3. Turn on/off my phones Bluetooth
4. Install the sprocket app 2 times
5. Asked my friends with other phones (iPhone, Android) to try to connect
Still, it is not working, what else can I do? Do you know what is the problem?
Thanks for your help.
12-05-2018 02:24 AM
Welcome to the HP Community. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries. I have reviewed your post and I understand, there's an issue with the Bluetooth connectivity.
Appreciate you trying the steps. Don't worry, I'm here to help!
Let's try these steps -
Step 1 Sprocket Reset -
Remove the Paper Cover and press and hold the small button near the Paper Tray until the printer turns off. Restart the device.
Step 2 Upgrade the Sprocket Firmware -
1) Make sure the Sprocket is on and your mobile device is connected to the Internet.
2) On your mobile device, open the HP sprocket app.
3) Tap the Menu icon, and then tap sprocket.
4) Tap Printers, and then tap your Sprocket in the list.
5) Look for a firmware upgrade.
- If a firmware upgrade displays, tap Get Firmware Upgrade and then follow the on-screen prompts to complete the update.
- If a firmware upgrade option does not display, the Sprocket firmware is up-to-date.
Step 3 Confirm Bluetooth is turned on and paired with your Sprocket -
1) Turn on the Sprocket.
2) On your mobile device, locate the Bluetooth menu in your wireless connection settings.
3) Look for your Sprocket in the list.
- If your Sprocket displays in the list of Paired Devices or My Devices, the Sprocket is connected.
- If your Sprocket displays in the list of Available Devices or Other Devices, tap it to connect.
- If the Sprocket does not display in either list, move the Sprocket and your mobile device closer together, and then tap Search or Scan. When the Sprocket displays, tap it to connect.
4) On your mobile device, open the HP sprocket app.
5) Tap the Menu icon, and then tap sprocket.
6) Tap Printers, and then select your Sprocket in the list.
Let me know how that goes.
To thank us for our efforts to help you, click here to access your public post and Select - "Accept as solution" and click on the "Thumbs up".
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
03-13-2019 11:45 AM
@Jmacri, Welcome to HP Support Community!
If you have tried performing all the troubleshooting steps from this document, you can contact HP Customer Support for further assistance.
Follow the steps below to reach out to our HP Support team:
Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Step 2. Enter the product number or select to auto detect
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number and phone number appear.
I am an HP Employee