Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Sprocket Photo Printer (38:AA)

1. I'm 2 seconds away from throwing my Sprocket into the pool. 2. I haven't used my Sprocket in about a month. 3. In that time I got a new Iphone7. I decided I wanted to print a picture tonight. I charged my Sprocket to full capacity. I installed the HP Sprocket App. I put in a new pack of printer paper. I paired my phone with my printer, select my photo, and it says it sending it and then the printer turns off. IT IS 100% CHARGED! I already reset the printer, uninstalled the app, told my phone to forget the old pairing, reset the printer... I don't know what else to do. (Purchased July 15, 2017)

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @adritheteacher,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query. I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are facing issues with your HP Sprocket Photo Printer wherein it shuts down while printing.

This could be a hardware issue with the unit.

I suggest that you follow the steps listed below to reset the unit:

1. Turn on the printer.

2. Locate the reset pin-hole near the charging port.

3. Gently insert a straight pin into the hole to press the reset button inside.

4. The printer resets and turns off.

5. Turn on the printer.

If the issue still persists, please contact HP phone support from this link: www.hp.com/contacthp
You may select the country and type the product# of the unit and then follow the on-screen instructions to contact HP phone support.

Let me know if this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Hi Adritheteacher,

Sprocket will auto shut-down in 5 mins if nothing to do. Not sure whether it's already 5 mins before you send the print job.

Another thing is regarding the firmware. If you have network connected with you phone you may update the firmware of Sprocket through the App.

Last but not least, remember to restart your phone. Other app that you used may left some bugs which are conflict with the Sprocket App. Restarting your phone can make sure this kind of bugs be cleared. 

Regards

I am an HP employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.