Did you mean: 
Viv01
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Sprocket app disabled my iPhone camera

HP Recommended
iOS 12 - 12.0.1

Once I installed the sprocket app on my iPhone it has disabled my camera which will now not take photos! Works fine on my iPad, but I can’t get my camera to work on my phone now which is why I got the sprocket as a portable printer. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, I’ve obviously reset the phone, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, camera works fine when app not installed

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
sandytechy20
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
26,695 26,568 1,462 1,532
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Viv01

Welcome to HP Forums, I see that the sprocket app disabled iPhone camera.

Update the sprocket firmware 

HP regularly releases printer updates. Upgrading the printer firmware might resolve the issue.

1. Make sure the printer is on and your mobile device is connected to the Internet.
  2. On your mobile device, open the HP Sprocket app.
  3. Tap the Menu icon, and then tap your printer in the list.

The printer information screen displays.

1. Look for a printer firmware upgrade.
    • If a firmware upgrade displays, tap Get Firmware Upgrade, and then follow the on-screen prompts to complete the update.
    • If a firmware upgrade option does not display, the printer firmware is up to date. 

Update the iOS

go to Settings > General > Software Update.

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several other.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Viv01
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thankyou Sandy for replying, I upgraded the firmware as suggested and my IOS is up to date, still didn’t work. The camera on both my phone and the sprocket app is just a blank screen. On my phone camera it will only take a photo on reverse, but is a blank screen, and nothing on the sprocket app. I don’t want to try on my iPad as I don’t want it to do the same thing. A little sad over the holidays as now missing out on taking photos yet alone printing them.

thanks for the suggestion though, greatly appreciated 

0 Kudos
Raj1788
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
11,683 11,674 582 666
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Viv01

It looks like you were interacting with @sandytechy20, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out. 

I'm Raj1788 & I'm at your service. 

I suggest you uninstall the app from your IOS.

Restart the phone

Then, click on this link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hp-sprocket/id1132331237#?platform=ipad to download the App.

Try to print.

Keep me posted, how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation