Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
hp sprocket 2 in 1

I bought an hp sprocket 2 in 1. After set-up, there was a firmware upgrade option. I clicked on that and received a warning to not shut down the camera and application. After proceeding, the app shut down instantly and the sprocket also switched off. 

Nothing happened. I manually switched on the printer and the application and the option to upgrade firmware wasn't visible anymore. I am guessing this happened due to lack of storage in my iPhone - It was totally full. I tried to upgrade it from my friend's iphone which free storage but the firmware upgrade option isn't coming anymore. How can I solve this?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@HarshKhaitan,

Thank you for reaching out to the HP Support community!

I think the update has been installed already.

However, you can manually check if there is a firmware update is available and install the update.

Please follow these steps to update the firmware.

• Make sure the printer is on and your mobile device is connected to the Internet.
  • On your mobile device, open the HP Sprocket app.
  • Tap the Menu icon, and then tap your printer in the list.
  • The printer information screen displays.

• Look for a printer firmware upgrade.
    • If a firmware upgrade displays, tap Get Firmware Upgrade and then follow the on-screen prompts to complete the update.
    • If a firmware upgrade option does not display, the printer firmware is up to date. 

Let me know if this information helps. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “KudosThumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping.

ATHARVA_GP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I request you to read my problem carefully @Atharv. When i clicked on install, the hp app immediately shut down and and the printer switched off. There was no downloading/installing message. I am assuming it must take atleast 1-2 mins for the update to be done but the app crashed in 1 second. It was probably because of no storage space in my iPhone. Due to the crash and incomplete update installation, there has been some malfunction in the printers firmware becuase of which now theres no update option available on the app. What to do?

HP Recommended

@HarshKhaitan,

Usually, the printer shuts down/restarts once the Firmware update gets installed.

If the firmware update installation is unsuccessful, when you check for updates, it should show up as an available update.

• Have you tried to print from the sprocket after this issue?
  • Does the sprocket print ok?

Let's try to reset the printer once and then we shall try the firmware update again.

• Turn on the printer.
  • Locate the Reset button near the charging port.

https://lithium-response-prod.s3.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/hpcsc.response.lithium.com/RESPONSEIMAGE/a0d6a017-f557-4a68-8c85-f54e3fe30e4b.default.jpg

• Gently insert the straight pin into the reset button access point, and then press the Reset button for 3 seconds.
  • The printer resets and turns off.
  • Turn on the printer.
  • Reconnect the Sprocket with your iPhone.
  • Launch the sprocket app and check if you can install the firmware update.

Let me know what happens.

ATHARVA_GP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello,

The Sprocket 2in1 printer requires you to power it on after the firmware update has been installed. 

This is expected behavior. The other models of Sprocket printers will self power on. 

You can check the firmware version installed by going to the Sprocket App>side menu>Printer Settings. 

The current version is 1.08.24.06

I work on behalf of HP
Regards,
StretchMusic

If the answer provided resolves your issue please press the thumbs up button in order to make the answer available to others.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.