Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

With Lapltop HP 14-bsOxx running on Windows 10 Home when connecting external DVD Writer model LG 57EB unable to find the Writer on Screen. or add it as a Device onto the system.

Any ideas how to do this task?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @thats-who,

Thanks for engaging in HP support Forums! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips! I understand you are having issues with the external dvd wrinter not working on your HP notebook. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you resolve this issue.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

Have you checked if the DVD writer is detected in the Bios?

Have you tried to install the software for the external dvd player?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here: 

Perform a Hard reset on the notebook: A power reset (or hard restart) clears all information from the computer's memory without erasing any personal data. Performing a power reset might fix conditions such as Windows not responding, a blank display, software freezing, keyboard stops responding, or other external devices locking up.

Boot the computer into the Bios screen and check if the External dvd drive is getting detected or not.

1. Turn off your computer
2. Make sure you have connected the power cable
3. Turn on your notebook, as it is starting press the  F10 button repeatedly

Once you are in the BIOS, check if the External dvd drive is getting detected or not, If it's not detected in the Bios it is likely a hardware failure. The next two steps may resolve the issue. The first one is to do a hard reset. I have included the document 'Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset'. The next and final step is to perform a BIOS update. I have included the information here for you 'Updating the BIOS'.

If the drive is detected in the Bios, then I would suggest here is to install the software for the drive using the CD that came along with the drive.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Eagerly waiting for your response!

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.