Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
23-s010
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I decided to factory reset my Sprout due to degraded performance, using the HP recovery image, which went smoothly.

As per instructions I downloaded the newest drivers from HP Support and installed them one by one with restarts whenever requested.

When I got to BIOS update the Sprout restarted, and after the BIOS was updated and verified, the machine restarted and since then stuck in a loop of restart - 8 beeps with a black screen - pauses like that for 1-2 minutes - then BIOS recovery process starts - restart - 8 beeps etc.

Sometimes there’s the screen with error 500 BIOS Recovery process message.

B973ED72-C0A4-4CCD-9906-0454D8B9F751.jpeg

 pressing enter just restarts the computer and the whole loop starts again.

Seems it cannot update BIOS or recover it.

I can’t run the BIOS update on a second machine to create the USB BIOS Recovery media as the program freezes on the second computer and won’t start (maybe because it’s not an HP computer?)

How can this media be prepared manually and used?

Is there any other way to recover BIOS on Sprout?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

UPDATE: I was able to find the usb flash drive content for the 80.13 Rev.A BIOS.

I copied it onto a usb flash drive FAT32 formatted, and turned on the Sprout while the usb media is in.

Nothing happens... not even the 8 beeps that were before... tried turning on without key combination and with.

No recovery, nothing...

Can someone assist?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.