Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
OMEN 30L Desktop PC GT13-1000i (1S3R9AV)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

It is hard to describe, but pc always doing "cracking" noise, almost barely audible through headphones. It disappires sometimes when music or game or etc turned on, but may appire again, when moving mouse or just... And more, when i start performance test with "Gaming Hub" PC starts "beeping", barely audible through headphones AND definitely with motherboard (barely audible too). It goes 1 beep per second, and ends onece it is done. As I assumed it means CPU overheating or low fan speed, but everything is OK, even at beginning of the test. So... what is this and any way to fix it?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Does the problem occur with both rear and front audio connectors?

I assume you have NVidia or Radeon graphics.  If you run an HDMI cable to a TV set and select graphics audio does the noise get worse or is it gone?

I found that the temperature sensor apps on my Dell system were creating noise and if I disable the temperature app the noise went away.  Unfortunately the CPU and NVidia board overheat quickly.   I found that a Bluetooth audio device did not have the motorboat noise problem.

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
HP Recommended

Yes, "carcking" occurs with both audio connectors.

Via hdmi cable those noise still presents.

I'm not sure that my thing is temperature sensor app. I've just used Task Manager and saw/heard... well, my CPU once per 5 seconds got like "usage-up" and "Beep" occurs. When everything is calm it's just carcking. When launching anything - sounds are changing with "usage" of cpu, not with temperature.

Oh, and thank you for your effort to help

HP Recommended

Has it been doing this since you bought it?

If this is in warranty take it back.  

https://support.hp.com/us-en/checkwarranty

some retail stores offer 2 year warranty.

Is the CPU water cooled?  An air bubble could cause spiking

If not water cooled, was the heat sink / fan assembly replaced recently?  It may not be seated perfectly and spiking could result.

Look in your BIOS for the setting "USB Audio Offload"

and change the setting.  The bios version F13 added the feature to disable the audio offload

You might check your BIOS and see what the ROM SSID is and verify you have the latest bios for 886C or 886B

BeemerBiker_0-1663930471766.png

It is possible that your HP Support Assistant can find newer drivers than are on the above website.

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.