cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Snowwolfboi1
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

PC battery drain faster then usual

HP Recommended
HP 14-cf2628no
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi HP 

My battery om my laptop is draining faster then usual anyway to fix it so my laptop drain battery as its normal again

1 REPLY 1
itsmyname
Level 9
5,033 4,948 234 652
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Snowwolfboi1 -- is this your computer:  HP Laptop 14-cf2826no Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

Did you purchase it within the last 12 months? If so, contact HP Support, to make a claim against the HP Warranty. HP may repair/replace your computer, at their expense.  If they do not do so, and the warranty is still valid, consider purchasing the "HP Care" extended warranty, which adds a few more years of coverage -- if the battery gets worse and worse in a few years.

Are you running any background apps that "suck" the battery's energy?

Also, check the "power" settings on your computer. If you are using "top performance", maybe switch to "longer battery life".

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation