Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp model 15-bs634TU
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

i tried to install windows 7 on my hp laptop hp model 15-bs634TU.

as this laptop memory is very low and dont support external memory or ram.

but when i go for boot it shows error. 

when i off the legacy shows error message. when i on the lagacy boot screen not loading. full screen black.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@kamrulkarbon -- is this your computer: HP Notebook - 15-bs634tu Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

It was factory-loaded with Windows 10 Home Single Language 64.

and has a (slow) 5400 RPM disk-drive, and 4 GB of DDR4 RAM.

HP probably will not have device-drivers for Windows 7 for this hardware.

So, installing Windows 7 will not be a satisfactory experience.

I recommend that you upgrade your HDD to a SSD -- up to 5 times faster input/output.

Open the Windows "Task Manager"< and switch to the "Performance" tab.

Does the display show that more than 50% of your 4 GB of RAM is being used?

If so, then an upgrade to 8 GB of RAM will increase the computer's performance.

HP Recommended

there is one ram slot. amd i also want to know can i add ssd and ram extra or upgrade ram.  if ram upgradebale possible thenhow much ram this pc supports? 

HP Recommended

@kamrulkarbon -- there is one ram slot. i also want to know can i add ssd and ram extra or upgrade ram.  if ram upgrade is possible, then how much ram this pc supports? 

You must remove the current stick of RAM, and insert a higher-capacity stick of RAM.

Access:  www.crucial.com and run the "configurator" to tell you the maximum RAM for your motherboard, and to identify which RAM (manufactured by CRUCIAL) will be compatible.

i also want to know can i add SSD ...

It depends.

For a desktop computer, there usually is an empty "drive-bay" for an SSD to be mounted.

For a laptop, you usually have to remove the current disk-drive, to make room for an SSD to be connected.

HP Recommended

Hi@kamrulkarbon,

Welcome to HP Community!

I have gone through your post and would like to help

As per the Service Guide, the Notebook supports up to 16GB of RAM

Maintenance and Service Guide HP Notebook - 15-bs634tu link

Hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HP Recommended

@kamrulkarbon -- when i go for boot it shows error

What error-message is displayed?

Very much, I doubt that adding RAM, or changing to a SSD will "solve" the error.

HP Recommended

Hi@itsmyname,

Check for the BIOS update?

Check for the windows update?

Hope this helps! Keep me posted.

HP Recommended

@praveenbv -- when i go for boot it shows error

If it does not boot, then one cannot run Windows Update, unless one moves the disk-drive to a different computer, and boots that computer from the disk-drive.

Without the exact & complete text of the error-message, I am reluctant to try a BIOS UPDATE -- which is not  a "magic wand" to cure many issues.

HP Recommended

@itsmyname,

We have done the basic troubleshooting as per the installing the operating system computer .hence the Operating system is obsolete its end of support Life

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.