Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
sprout by hp
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

As i updated the workspace to  1.5.8.2461 Rev.A   in windows 10, touch mat calibration is failed...before this update  , the touchmat was successfully calibrated many times.

What is happening now is that.....i see the message Calibration is almost finished....sprout is detecting edges  ...touch mat lights goes off and then...touch mat can not be detected.....before and after this failed calibration process, the touch mat works perfectly...

i have updated windows 10..plus uninstalled every thing related to workspace...reinstalled the latest drivers...n workspace etc...no way out

Due to this calibration failing...i am unable to 3d scan correctly..all flat objects are bended in the 3d scan...

Can any body help in this regard..?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The touch mat has white colored area for sensing...and wide gray borders around this white area.

While sprout is calibrating...it projects light on the touch mat     .    ALL FOUR EDGES OF WHITE AREA MUST BE WITHIN THIS PROJECTED LIGHT ....IF ANY OF THE FOUR EDGES IS LYING OUTSIDE THE PROJECTION..  IT WILL FAIL THE CALIBRATION AND GIVING YOU ERROR  "TOUCH MAT CAN NOT BE DETECTED"... this error message is so confusing that you thought about some hardware failure or malfunctioning...

Although i placed the sprout on a flat surface ...the lower edge of white area was lying outside the projection from sprout while calibrating.. i simple placed a flat piece of uniform thickness below the CPU front edge..it  made all the four edges covering the projection ...hence calibrating easily now...

i m still unable to 3d scan correctly...ALL  3D SCANS ARE BENDING ALONG ONE DIRECTION..i.e .. from me towards screen..

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Welcome to the never answered question regarding the Sprout.

To answer your question I would say that if you have a restauration point from before the upgrade, try to go for it.

Wish you success

HP Recommended

Dear Harutsune

Glad to see someone to reply...Thanks

Unfortunately , it is a new windows installation...and i have no restoration point created..

HP Recommended

after many hits n trials i have found the reason for touchmat calibration failure...does any body need to know ? i shall write the solution in detail

HP Recommended

That would be helpfull to know what you did.

Thannk you forward

HP Recommended

The touch mat has white colored area for sensing...and wide gray borders around this white area.

While sprout is calibrating...it projects light on the touch mat     .    ALL FOUR EDGES OF WHITE AREA MUST BE WITHIN THIS PROJECTED LIGHT ....IF ANY OF THE FOUR EDGES IS LYING OUTSIDE THE PROJECTION..  IT WILL FAIL THE CALIBRATION AND GIVING YOU ERROR  "TOUCH MAT CAN NOT BE DETECTED"... this error message is so confusing that you thought about some hardware failure or malfunctioning...

Although i placed the sprout on a flat surface ...the lower edge of white area was lying outside the projection from sprout while calibrating.. i simple placed a flat piece of uniform thickness below the CPU front edge..it  made all the four edges covering the projection ...hence calibrating easily now...

i m still unable to 3d scan correctly...ALL  3D SCANS ARE BENDING ALONG ONE DIRECTION..i.e .. from me towards screen..

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.