Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks the answer, but certainly I know what I am be able do in recovery mode (and how to exit from there), I would like to make an automatic update solution for these devices (with the HP update not with a customer recovery), therefore I would like to achieve that the fastboot command work, but without to add the driver it won't be work.

Thanks

HP Recommended

when my development tool pushes content to slate7, it ended up with a dialog : Couldn't find Android Device.

The slate7 has already been connected via USB and the slate7's  developer setting for USB debugging had already ticked.

please advise solution.

the mac is running osX 10.7.5 .

thanks

mrDaniel. 

HP Recommended

Could you please detail how do you do step 3: "3. Manual install driver for the device, from Device Manager."

I see the "HP" with the exclamation mark in the "Other devices" section of Device Manager, but I cannot install any driver since I don't have any.

Thanks!

HP Recommended
Thanks this worked. Are we able to root? I would like to. I have tried adb and manual push but the device doesn't allow due to the production firmware.

Can we unlock the device so we can?

Remove the limits HP!
HP Recommended

ADB drivers / USB drivers when the unit is in recovery mode:

- What are the options to apply these commands? I do not have a Linux unit...

- Are there any Windows 7 or Windows 8 drivers for such a state?

- If not, how to apply what you have mentioned when my laptop only has AdbWinUsbApi.dll and no ini file. Your help is appreciated.

HP Recommended

Fastboot needs to be loaded within the bootloader as well as the computer. Unless HP designed the bootloader to work with Fastboot, it will never be accessable through adb.

Phone: Evo 4G LTE
Tablet: HP Slate 7
Laptop: Hp Envy 4

If I have helped you in and well, please hit me with a KUDOS
HP Recommended

I know you meant well, but your reply doesn't work. I did exactly as you suggested, and I still get the message, "Unable to connect to device" after I restart. (it does attempt to load and locate a driver as it detects the Android tablet connected via a USB)

HP Recommended
Yes it's about time hp released the drivers for this tablet I have the same problem
And are hp working on 4.2 rom? Update
Hp slate 7
Ainol Venus quad core 4.2.2
Hp touchpad web os 3.05
iPad gen 3. 32 gb
Samsung galaxy nexus 4.2.2
Gone but not forgotten
Htc trophy wp7
Ford laser Lxi 2001
HP Recommended

Hello,

I am trying to connect my new Slate 7 2800 to the debugger of eclipse, to be able to test android Apps.

I did the part with the "adb_usb.ini" and the "android_winusb.inf", but when I try to manually install the drivers from this device manager (in this folder "C:\Android dev tools\sdk\extras\google\usb_driver"), i get the message: Windows could not find driver software for your device.

Maybe I am missing something obvious, but this is the only place I have found on the internet solving the problem of lack of drivers for the tablet.

I would really appreciate any help.

Tablet: HP Slate 7 2800 (Android 4.1.1)
Laptop: Hp Pavillion dv6-6135dx

HP Recommended
Tried this software for drivers http://www.moborobo.com/ tablet comes up as a samsung phone for some reason
Then used
shuame root tool to unlock root but then lost root have not been able to get root again the drivers are the issue I think
Hp slate 7
Ainol Venus quad core 4.2.2
Hp touchpad web os 3.05
iPad gen 3. 32 gb
Samsung galaxy nexus 4.2.2
Gone but not forgotten
Htc trophy wp7
Ford laser Lxi 2001
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.