Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have the same problems with the ADB driver as discussed on the forum

Your hack of the .ini files is not accepted bij Windows 8 ("file has no hash file and has probably been tampered with"). As I would like to put an app on the device (it is running on the simulator in Eclipse), I would be interested to make a connection. Seems like a new driver is necessary.

I would consider this a part of using an open source operating systeem like Android, to enable users to access the device.

Connecting to the device trough USB is working, it is just not recognised by ADB ("waiting for connection fron device").

HP Recommended
Please follow the instruction in this link to install an unsigned driver on Windows8 http://dhakshinamoorthy.wordpress.com/2012/05/14/installing-an-unsigned-driver-in-windows-8-x64/

HP Recommended

Well, Thank you.

My driver is installed now. It is no longer listed under 'other devices'. I have an Android Composite Interface now (which confirms the recent install of the driver), and the device is  'portable devices'. But adb.exe still does not find any devices. On the Slate 7 developer options are ON and USB bugging is selected. 

Apparantly, the device does nor send a reply. Do I need to activate this ?

Sibe Jan Koster

@HenryZhang wrote:
Please follow the instruction in this link to install an unsigned driver on Windows8 http://dhakshinamoorthy.wordpress.com/2012/05/14/installing-an-unsigned-driver-in-windows-8-x64/

HP Recommended

Not sure what's problem now, are you saying when you run adb devices, there is no device listed?

Please try disable/enable Developer options plus switch MTP/PTP...

HP Recommended

Exactly, no devices are listed, just an empty list.

adb is running on the laptop and starts up a deamon, on the device a process called /sbin/abdb is running. Normal USB connection for file transfer is disconnected upon switching to USB debug mode.

But no connection. I have restarted Pc and device, but no avail.

I have device version 2801, does it need the same driver settings as mentioned in this forum (probably for version 2800 ?)

@HenryZhang wrote:

Not sure what's problem now, are you saying when you run adb devices, there is no device listed?

Please try disable/enable Developer options plus switch MTP/PTP...

HP Recommended
1.please make sure you added 0x03F0 in adb_usb.ini
2.check your adb version,use the latest version,3x...
3.finally,check if switch to PTP will help
HP Recommended

have followed instructions for adb hp slate 7 error returns :no hash in security catalouge

how dow i fix this for win 8 pro

thankx

HP Recommended
on manual driver update for win8
ever thing is in place as instructed says found driver no hash in security catalogue maybe corrupted file
HP Recommended
thanks for that works perfectly now cheers keep up the great work
HP Recommended

Hello.

Just Install this one.

http://adbdriver.com/upload/AdbDriverInstaller.exe

and Hp will be work fine as Usb debugging and you can use eclipse, no need to add any 0x to Ini file or Hp.

Yanir.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.