Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-aw011nt
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was using an old AMD Radeon Graphics driver and I wanted to update it to the latest version but it gave an code 43 error when I did this.Everything works fine with the old version. Please help if you know the solution.

My Display Cards:AMD Radeon R5 Graphics and AMD Radeon R8 M445DX

My Laptop Model:HP Pavilion 15-aw011nt

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@SuperUser01

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

I see that your experiencing issue with the integrated graphics card and getting error message Code 43 while updating the AMD drivers, I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• When was the last time it worked fine?
  •  Are you getting any error message or code?

While you respond to that, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix:

Let's try this:

Step 1: Right-click the Start menu.

Step 2: Select the Control Panel.

Step 3: Click Troubleshooting.

Step 4: Click the Hardware and Sound item.

Step 5: Choose the Hardware and Devices.
Step 6: Click Next to make Windows detect hardware and devices problems.

Step 7: Then click Apply this fix to solve the problem.

• If the problem persists after reinstalling the driver, continue to the next step.

Try uninstalling the AMD Radeon Graphics Driver in Safe Mode

Enter the safe mode of Windows 10 and go to the Device Manager to uninstall the AMD Radeon device.

Note: If you don’t know how to enter the Windows 10 safe mode, see How to Enter Safe Mode in Windows 10

• Right-click This PC in safe mode.
  • Select the Properties.
  • Click the link Device Manager in the left column.
  • Locate the AMD Radeon device and right click it to choose Uninstall.
  • Restart your computer will reinstall the driver.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner
,Thank you for posting in the HP Support Community.  Have a great day!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Sorry I am replying late but none of these solutions worked.I searched this problem on HP and AMD forums,lots of people have this problem and I couldn't find any solutions.

https://community.amd.com/thread/216960

https://community.amd.com/thread/225854

https://community.amd.com/thread/209093

@Echo_Lake wrote:

@SuperUser01

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

I see that your experiencing issue with the integrated graphics card and getting error message Code 43 while updating the AMD drivers, I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• When was the last time it worked fine?
  •  Are you getting any error message or code?

While you respond to that, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix:

Let's try this:

Step 1: Right-click the Start menu.

Step 2: Select the Control Panel.

Step 3: Click Troubleshooting.

Step 4: Click the Hardware and Sound item.

Step 5: Choose the Hardware and Devices.
Step 6: Click Next to make Windows detect hardware and devices problems.

Step 7: Then click Apply this fix to solve the problem.

• If the problem persists after reinstalling the driver, continue to the next step.

Try uninstalling the AMD Radeon Graphics Driver in Safe Mode

Enter the safe mode of Windows 10 and go to the Device Manager to uninstall the AMD Radeon device.

Note: If you don’t know how to enter the Windows 10 safe mode, see How to Enter Safe Mode in Windows 10

• Right-click This PC in safe mode.
  • Select the Properties.
  • Click the link Device Manager in the left column.
  • Locate the AMD Radeon device and right click it to choose Uninstall.
  • Restart your computer will reinstall the driver.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner
,Thank you for posting in the HP Support Community.  Have a great day!

HP Recommended

@SuperUser01
thank you for posting back. 

I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Let's perform Windows Update and HP Support Assistant:

To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.

Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.

1. To open HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon https://support.hp.com/doc-images/932/c05040382.jpg.
  2. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
  3. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
  4. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
  5. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
  6. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.
    And, also update 
    BIOS: Follow steps from the link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00042629

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.