Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Spectre 360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi ,

Lately I have been observing that while typing the curser reverses back and eareses the last alphabet sometimes not always but often. Means if I am typing Diamond it will type m and then reverses back means no word m on screen.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@Crown4

Welcome to the HP Forums. I would be happy to help you with your HP Stream Notebook. I understand that you are getting issues with the keyboard and you have already done some preliminary troubleshooting.     

Don't worry though as I have a few steps to determine the issue and find a solution as well.

Power Reset your Notebook.

1. Turn off the computer.

2. Remove the computer from any port replicator or docking station.

3. Disconnect all external connected peripheral devices such as USB storage devices, external displays, and printers.

4. Unplug the AC adapter from the computer.

5. Remove the battery from the battery compartment.

6. With the battery and power cord unplugged, press and hold the Power button for about 15 seconds to drain any residual electrical charge from the capacitors.

7. Insert the battery and plug the AC adapter back into the laptop, but do not connect any of the peripheral devices.

8. Press the Power button to turn on the computer.

9. If a startup menu opens, use the arrow keys to select Start Windows Normally, and then press the Enter key.

10. After Windows opens, reconnect each peripheral device that was disconnected, one device at a time, until all devices are reconnected.

11. Your laptop has been reset.

Click here and refer the document to fix keyboard issue in the notebook.

Let me know if that helps

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Sandytechy20,

Thanks for your reply and sorry could not reply to your answer earlier. I have checked with my laptop and I cannot see from where do I can take out the battery as its all screwed up from the bottom. Kindly advice .

HP Recommended

Greetings @Crown4, I am the @Chimney_83. It looks like you were interacting with @sandytechy20, but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here.

Thanks for the reply, looks like there was a miscommunication, as you had not provided the product number fo your computer. 

Recommend you follow the procedure in this HP Article to perform a power reset on the computer. 

This article provides the procedure to perform a power reset on computers where the battery can be removed and computers where the battery cannot be removed. 

Once you have performed a power reset. 

Wait for a minute. 

Turn the computer On and keep tapping F2 repeatedly on startup to enter system diagnostics. 

Run a component test on the keyboard. Click here

If the keyboard test fails, please contact our phone support team to check on the service options available for your computer. 

Keep me posted. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Chimney_83,

Thanks for the reply and taking initiative in my laptop problem. Yes I have done what you had advised and lets see for a day or so than I will surely come back and let you know.

HP Recommended

Hi Chimney_83,

Even I can see now that if I scroll down the screen will come back to top again and than again I have to scroll down and within few seconds it comes back to top again. Kindly advice.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and trying the suggested steps. Did you run a test on the keyboard?

If the test has passed, recommend you disable the touchpad on your notebook and use a USB or wireless mouse and check. 

I personally face the same issue, if your palm accidentally touches the touchpad the cursor moves while typing. 

Recommend you reduce the sensitivity of the touchpad. Click here.

Follow the procedure mentioned under "Adjusting TouchPad or ClickPad pointing sensitivities" section of the article and reduce the sensitivity. 

Let me know if this helped. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Chimney_83,

Thanks for the reply. I do not use the touchpad as I use wireless mouse but for I typing I use the key pad and I had observed that it was still doing after the test you told me to do it.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and letting me know that you use a wireless mouse. Did you reduce the sensitivity of the touchpad as suggested?

Open device manager by doing a right-click on the Windows button. 

Expand Mice and other pointing devices. 

Right-click on the touchpad listed there and disable it. 

Check if this resolves the issue you are facing. 

Keep me posted. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.