Recently I just got this hp 8 tablet and I went into settings to do a factory reset while resetting it the screen has been stuck on “erasing” so I searched it up and seen a hard reset. I then tried powering off the tablet, and turning it back on holding the power button and volume up button but still nothing happened it went straight back to the android erasing screen. Why? Can somebody help me?
Welcome to the HP Community. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries. I have reviewed your post and I understand, you are trying to reset your tablet.
Don't worry, I'm here to help!
Let's try these steps -
1) Press and hold down the power button to turn off the tablet.
2) With the tablet device powered off, press and hold the power and volume up (+) and volume down (-) buttons simultaneously for about five seconds.
3) When the Android system recovery menu displays, use the volume down (-) button to highlight Wipe data/factory reset.
4) Press the power button to select.
5) The screen displays Confirm wipe of all user data? THIS CAN NOT BE UNDONE. Use the volume down button to highlight Yes -- delete all user data.
6) Press the power button to confirm and begin the reset.
7) A recovery system screen shows the reset process. Wait for the reset process to complete.
8) When the screen displays the message Data wipe complete at the bottom of the screen, highlight Reboot system now, and then press the power button to select.
8) The factory reset is complete.
Let me know how that goes.
To thank us for our efforts to help you, click here to access your public post and Select - "Accept as solution" and click on the purple "Thumbs up".
Have a great day!
Asmita I am an HP Employee
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.