Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Well here we are alomost 2017 and we're still having this same problem with the Essential System Updates for Google Android--2.04.06

Update failures every time.  Does anyone have any suggestions for how to fix this?

HP Recommended

I'm getting exactly the same error and you posted this in 2015.  Any help here?

HP Recommended

Have you tried installing version 2.04.11 manually with an SD card from HP's website?

Instructions are located in the "Installation Instructions" tab.

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
HP Recommended

OK wyrenut thank you!  I went and got an SD card for this tablet and mounted it in the SD slot.  Now how do I get this download onto the card?  Can't seem to find any way to copy/paste the zip file onto the card so that I can apply the update from the SD card.  Any thoughts?

HP Recommended

@IdahoHampton wrote:

OK wyrenut thank you!  I went and got an SD card for this tablet and mounted it in the SD slot.  Now how do I get this download onto the card?  Can't seem to find any way to copy/paste the zip file onto the card so that I can apply the update from the SD card.  Any thoughts?

Have you tried using a different File Manager, such as the free File Manager HD (in the Play Store)?

Attach the tablet to a PC via the USB cable and see if you can move the file via Windows Explorer.

If you have access to a PC with a card reader, download the file using it instead of the tablet.

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
HP Recommended

Much belated testimony:

I managed solve the problem with the very helpfull HP support: the gave me a link to download the update, then instruted me to put it on a SD card an do the update from there.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.