Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre 15-bl000 x360 Convertible PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have searched this forum up and down for help on auto-rotate not working.  I've seen so many posts offering the same, clearly out of date or wrong fixes.  Google isn't helping too much either.  After messing around with the registry entries, drivers, devices, and  updates nothing is working.  I saw another upset poster with the same heartache, that nobody at HP seems to care, nor do they have any idea what theyre talking about. 

Yes, I noticed about a week ago that my atuo-rotate option was completely missing!  When i tried to rotate nothing happens, so thats when I started searching for help.  After trying EVERYTHING I've read sans a system restore (why in the the world should I need to do this since everything was fine before?) I got the icon to return, but still unable to rotate.  It's greyed out and I can't use it.  

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi! @Fax-Machine, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand you have auto rotate issues with your laptop.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

Please provide the product number of your PC to assist you better.

I appriciate your efforts for trying out the steps before reaching out to us.

As you mentioned you have auto rotate issues with your laptop.

You can try updating Intel Integrated Sensor Solution Driver and BIOS on your PC and check if that helps.

Update the Intel Integrated Sensor Solution Driver from this link.

Link to update BIOS

Also, You can update other drivers on your PC using HP support assistant.

Refer this article to know more information about using HP support assistant.

Also, try changing few settings: 

Open Settings App and go to System > Display.
Find Orientation and choose Portrait from the menu.
Your device should automatically switch to portrait mode.

Go to Control Panel> Display>Change Display Settings and then make sure that the "Allow the screen to auto-rotate" is selected

Refer this article to know more information about Switching Between Tablet Mode and Desktop Mode.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Let me know if this works!

Have a great day! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.