Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Stream 7
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I bought a Stream 7 tablet a few years ago which came with Windows 8. When Windows 10 came out I upgraded and it was working fine up through v1703.

When I updated to v1709 the display was upside down. Whichever way I had pointed up, the display was upside down. I could not find any way to correct that. I could lock it by disabling auto-rotate but that was all.

So I rolled back to 1709 and all was well. I tried updating to 1709 3 times and each time had to roll back to 1703 to correct the display being upside down.

Then I decided to do a Windows 10 reset. That seemed to go well but now auto-rotate is missing completely. I can manually switch the display between Portrait and Landscape in the Display setting but the auto-rotate function is MIA. No button anywhere, nothing.

Any idea what I can do to restore the auto-rotate function? I use it in Landscape mode most of the time anyway so locking it in that mode isn't too bad. But it sure would be nice to have the rotation back.

Thanks,

Jonathan

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Apply all Windows 10 drivers from the hp.com site including the Intel chipset driver and Kionix driver if you have not already.  Also make sure the BIOS firmware is updated.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the suggestion. I thought I had reinstalled them but apparently had missed the Kionix one. I reinstalled that and now autorotation is back. Still not showing up in the Action Center but now it does in the Display Settings and display rotation actually works.

Thanks for the help!

Jonathan

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.