Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums After reading your post I see that your HP 8 tablet is stuck and not booting . I will be a delight to assist you here.
Superb analysis and brilliant diagnosis of the issue before posting. 🙂 Kudos to you on that score.:)
A hard reboot can resolve many startup issues. Press and hold the power button for more than eight seconds. After the tablet fully shuts down, wait a few seconds, and then press the power button to turn on the tablet.
If the issue persists, you will have to reset the tablet,
Open this HP Document and follow the steps mentioned under "Resetting an HP 7 Plus, HP 7.1, or HP 8 Tablet" : https://hp.care/2qb4eIe
Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire:
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!
I work on behalf of HP
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.