Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY photo 7855
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Our WiFi is password protected but the printer showed that it’s not. I don’t know how to put my password in for my WiFi for my printer. I have tried pushing the button on our modem and all that and still it won’t connect. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Kodiac5, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Try using a USB cable and then convert it to wireless, here is how you can do it-

Change the connection type with the HP Printer Setup & Software utility or with the HP Smart app for Windows 10. Leave the USB cable connected until you are prompted to disconnect it.

• HP Printer Setup & Software utility: Search Windows for 'HP', and then click the name of your printer in the results to open HP Printer Assistant. Click Utilities or Tools in the top menu bar, click Printer Setup & Software or Device Setup & Software, and then click Convert a USB connected printer to wireless to launch the utility.

Figure : Convert a USB connected printer to wireless utility in HP Printer Assistant

Convert a USB connected printer to wireless utility in HP Printer Assistant
  • HP Smart app: On the app home screen, look for a Make printing easier by connecting your printer wirelessly message at the top of the window. If it displays, click Learn More to start the guided conversion.

note:

If the message does not display, use the method to convert the connection through the HP Printer Setup & Software utility.

Figure : Set up the printer wirelessly in HP Smart

Set up a new printer feature in HP Smart

Refer to the document Connect to a Wireless HP Printer to learn about alternate connection methods.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.