Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP X2 G2 210
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought this laptop from a pawn shop.

They do not have the bios admin password.

The error code, after entering the wrong one 3 times, it says system disabled with this code: A [338B3A45]

Can you please advise?

Thanks,

mg.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

I am sorry, battery needed charged before it would stay on.

Code A [B3D14431]

HP Recommended

@Mykol71

For that model and ( HEX ) code you will need to contact HP in your region and they should be able to send you a customized SMC.bin file which you can use at boot to reset the password.

Phone >> http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

When talking to the HP rep ask them to escalate your service request.

If you are able to bypass the password and try to boot let me know if your Hard Drive crashed???

REO

HP Recommended

Thanks for the info.

Will let you know on the harddrive. I can tell you that it passes the quick test diagnostics.

HP Recommended

So, I called support and they said "the machine is out of warrantee" too bad. I cannot even pay to have them fix it.

All I want is that .bin file to boot from so I can repair it. hehe

I asked if he could escalate the case. He acted like that was a new thing and "they don't do that".

Any advise further?

Sorry to be a pain.

mg.

HP Recommended

@Mykol71

If your laptop produces a (HEX) code then it needs a Master Code Generator to produce your Master Code.

There is no SMC.bin file involved.

All that they (HP) would need to do is input your HEX code into the generator and give you the Master Code takes just seconds!!!

Just shows how misinformed support is???

REO

NOTE: A (HEX) code uses an (A, B, C, D, E or F)

HP Recommended

Oh sorry. Now i am confused a bit more.

Because that is what I thought, so I came here and said that in my first post. That I entered the admin password wrong 3 times and have an error (I assume the hex code you speak of).

You kindly replied:

For that model and ( HEX ) code you will need to contact HP in your region and they should be able to send you a customized SMC.bin file which you can use at boot to reset the password.

Phone >> http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

When talking to the HP rep ask them to escalate your service request.

So, I tried to do that. And got the "its not supported" deal.

Now, you are saying that the hex code is the correct method?

Right now I have entered the password wrong 3 times and have a code of A [B3D14431]

I have no doubt that I misunderstood part of the conversation, thought. So sorry if I did.

And thanks again for the replies regardless!

HP Recommended

Ah! part of the confusion my be me entering the wrong product number. I put HP x2 G2 210 to start this thread.

However, when I looked up the system after I went the the regional support sight, it says its this:

HP Notebook x2 - 10-p010nr

Also, regardless of which method it is, I see the contact is the same.

So, I will try support again, with the correct model number, and this time mention specifically the code generator and see if I can get any further.

Thanks again!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.