Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Prime

I'm trying to make basic programs to retrieve functions (complex, conversion etc...) that I had on my HP48.

Is it possible to call my programs with the bottom menu key wich are empty at the start of the calculator ? I would like to have a personnal bottom menu key bar...

nb : I've just bought this HP Prime Calculator. I'm disapointed cause there seem to be no possibility to use the stack with the basic language (duplicate stack, swap, write...).

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I'm not sure what you mean by the 'bottom Menu key', but look at the manual starting page 561: User Defined Keys.  One can, (and I just did) define 7 keys to call functions of my choice, both 'off the shelf' functions, and functions that I created. It's not great, but it's better than digging deep into the bowels of the HP Prime to dredge up functions from the impossibly long and unsearchable 'Catalog', and better than typing in these functions' names every time.  It's a far cry from the CST virtual menus of the HP48, but what can we do, except hope that HP will improve the firmware in the near future. I share your sense of disappointment, but I can tell you that after a frustrating initial breaking-in period, I've found work-arounds for the limitations of the HP Prime, at least as it affects the tasks that I do, even if some of them are a bit clumsy, especially in comparison to that perfect machine of the nineties, the HP48GX.  But, I have to admit, the Prime is easier on the eyes.... 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.