Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
convertible Hp Pavilion
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

From the time i bought this Laptop, i don't have any problem accessing the HP STORE.

Not until Today. When i am trying to open my windows store to download an app, i can't open it anymore.

What is appearing in my screen was "SOMETHING BAD HAPPENED. UNKNOWN LAYOUT SPECIFIED IN MANIFEST".

What will i do. help me please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @kyusunn

Apparently its something thats happened to lots of users the past few days.

Microsoft is working on it.

In the mean time, there is one suggestion to reset the Store.

Go to Settings > Apps > scroll to Store > click on Advanced Options > Press the reset button.

Also, you could try reseting your language and region for Windows.

It may or may not help.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @kyusunn

Apparently its something thats happened to lots of users the past few days.

Microsoft is working on it.

In the mean time, there is one suggestion to reset the Store.

Go to Settings > Apps > scroll to Store > click on Advanced Options > Press the reset button.

Also, you could try reseting your language and region for Windows.

It may or may not help.

HP Recommended
Oh yes, @Photoray002

Thank you for taking time to answer my question. I actually did that yesterday. Resetting my laptop actually worked. I forgot to update in my post. But anyway, Thanks.
HP Recommended

Good to know it worked.  :generic:

Could you please mark this thread as solved so others can find it more easily.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Some Windows 10 users shared that setting the device location to UK helped to fix the Windows Store problems.

This error may also relate to the system problem within the Store platform, you can try reset the Windows Store app

Step 1. Open administrative Windows PowerShell.

Step 2. Type following and press Enter:

Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

Step 3. After executing this command, you can now close Windows PowerShell and then restart your system in the end.

This tutorial could help you: https://windows10freeapps.com/fix-something-bad-happened-unknown-layout-specified-in-manifest/

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.