Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have many issues with my HP TouchPad. I will only mention the MAIN ISSUE, I CANNOT CONNECT TO THE INTERNET through my network!  I can connect to my network with my ipad2, my iphone4, my Sony VIO, my DELL Laptop, my HP wireless printer.  But I cannot connect with my HP TouchPad.  Correction, I can get to the network, but not the Internet.  I've talked to HP service 3 or 4 times.  They say it must be my router... It is not my router... I am a CIO so I took this so called tablet to my Network Engineers and all three of them cound not get it to work on 3 differnt networks... yes you got it all three networks work well with any other device... HP support says it must be all 3 routers!!! REALLY, REALLY,  interesting... I've mention MTU's and other things to them, like a new driver.  Not sure if they understand ENGLISH! Anyhow, if anyone would like to buy my HP TouchPad for $300 PLEASE let me know as it was not worth what I paid for it! I would still take a loss of $300, but than I can get back to my other devices that we are testing for our 150+ mobile users! Yes, my iPad2 works GREAT!!!

43 REPLIES 43
HP Recommended

I am confused by your post.....by design the Touchpad cannot and will not connect to your nextwork but is designed to connect to the internet via Wi-Fi from a wireless source like a wireless router. So did you mean to say that you can connect to the internet but not the network?

HP Recommended
Let me start by asking, do you want us to try and get it working for you or are you just interested in selling it? If it's the former, can you please post some more information like what is the error that you're getting?
HP Recommended

Yes correct, connecting to a wireless route on my network. All other wireless devices work fine.

HP Recommended

I would like to get it to connect to the wireless router on the network, but it seems that it will not work. Please keep in mind that all other wireless devices do work.  If it cannot connect than it is of no use to me.

HP Recommended

After connecting to the wireless router on my network. I then try to get onto the Internet the error is "error no Internet connection" Keep in mind I do not get this with any other wireless device on this network or any other network, (yes wireless router).

HP Recommended

What wireless access security are you using on your router? Any chance your router is not letting your TP connect because of the security your using on the router? Have you tried disabling the router security and then see if you get an internet connection?

HP Recommended

Have you tried the simplest of router troubleshooting?  Cycle power to the router?

The TouchPad I have works fine with every Wifi source I've pointed it to - home system, and many HotSpots.

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
HP Recommended

Same here. Connects to any Wi-Fi that will let it.

I suggested checking your routers wireless security settings because initially I forgot I MAC address control enabled and could not connect to the internet with my TP. Once I figured that out all was good.

HP Recommended

If you go to your settings page, select WiFi, you should see the name of the network you are connected to. Selecting the name of the network should then bring up the IP settings for your device.

What does it say?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.