Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Palm Tungsten E

I am trying to copy my contacts application from my tungsten E to the sd card I have installed. The manual says that you tap the home key and then the menu key ,the application should appear and you can tap copy. but that does not happen. it shows the card i have inserted and i've reformatted many times but when i go to the menu key to copy, no applications show up on the screen to select. what am i doing wrong?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi.  You cannot copy certain items from the Palm's internal memory to the SD card.  Among them are the built-in Palm OS applications such as Contacts because they are core OS applications which cannot be run from an external SD card.  The Contacts app on my T/X doesn't even appear.  Other apps, such as Documents, cannot be copied because they are copy-protected and appear with a lock icon next to them.  If no applications appear in the list at all, make sure the "Copy From" drop-down is set to Device.  If none still appear, then you have no applications installed which you can copy to the card.  

FullSizeRender.jpg

_____
Former HP Expert (Palm/webOS)
HP Recommended

Thank you so much for that info. I guess I have no applications that can be downloaded then since nothing shows up in the list. So.... the only way to get a copy of my contacts would be to hotsync it to my computer? If that's correct, then do you know which version of the palm desktop would need and is there anywhere online that I can download it? Thanks again.

HP Recommended

You should be able to use Palm Desktop 6.2.2 which was built to run with newer versions of Windows.  I know I have the installation file somewhere but can't put my hands on it now.  You might be able to find it elsewhere with Google.

You will probably also need a free utility file called PalmHotsyncSetup from here.  This utility makes Palm Desktop 6.2.2 compatible with older handhelds.

There also used to be backup software called BackupBuddy which was an alternative to Palm Desktop.  Also, a Palm Backup SD card was available a long time ago.

Newer Palm models which use a non-volatile file system are able to use freeware backup software called NVBackup which lets you back up all data directly onto a SD card.  Unfortunately your Tungsten E does not have that file system.

_____
HP Recommended

Check your Private Messages.

_____
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.