Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Elite X3
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Greetings!

Im having a charging issue with my HP Elite X3 Smartphone.

For the past few days I've been limited to charge it either using the provided HP Elite X3 Dock or a Nokia DT-900 Wireless Charging Plate.

Attempts in charging it via the normal provided HP USB-C Cable on either of my many PCs USB Ports or the provided HP Traveler Charger will not charge it.

Using a different USB-C Cable didn't work either.

The only other thing that DID work was the Dock's extension cable ( connected to the Dock )

Any ideas?

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended
Same here. Yesterday my phone restarted on it's own 3 times. When I went to open my phone. It said I had to put in my pin. It must have restarted over night. NOW my USB port will not work at all. Can't use my USB anymore..... Only can WIRELESSLY charge my phone.... THAT SUCKS. This phone is garbage right now....
HP Recommended
Seem like we had an update of some sort. That disabled the USB port?
HP Recommended
HP or MS needs to fix this ASAP. No USB port is a big issue for me. I'm in and out of my office. No way to keep phone charged through the day.... The SD card issue I could live with until new update this Fall. But I need my USB port for file transfer, etc...
HP Recommended
Just pulled out my to check email. Phone restarted in my pocket. Had to put in my pin. Creator Update is TRASH....
HP Recommended
No software update. Phone just keeps restarting. My phone never had PROBLEMS til Creator Update.... HP or MS FIX PLEASE.....
HP Recommended
USB port is the problem with phone not charging. After these restarts. My USB port Will not work to charge phone (included charger, docking base, or lapdock). Only way to charge phone now is wirelessly.... I'm getting rid of this junk soon as I get a stable OS.... Wasted $1300 on this HP JUNK. This is not a flagship phone... HP or MS GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER. STOP UPDATING OS WITHOUT TESTING....
HP Recommended
Should've just kept my Samsung phone and just purchased a Surface Pro tablet PC (for the $1300 I paid her the X3)....
HP Recommended
We must have had a update of some kind. Now my USB port is working again. I haven't noticed the SD card issue after charging phone via the wall charger. Will monitor situation. Hopefully the phone is stable again??
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.