Resolve Windows 10 related issues for your HP computers or printers by HP Windows 10 Support Center
Charger and charging system both are not working properly.
Welcome to HP support community.
Did you connect the adapter to different wall outlet and check if that works?
I have a few steps listed below that should help you resolve this concern:
Unplug the charge and use the laptop until the battery drains to 15%.
Turn off the laptop and turn it back on after 30mins.
Reinstalled Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery under device manager:
1) In the search box, type and open “Device Manager”.
2) Expand “Batteries”.
3) Right-click the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" that is listed there.
4) Click on “Uninstall”.
5) At the prompt put a check in the box to remove the current driver
6) Shutdown the computer.
7) Remove the battery for minute and then put it back in.
😎 When the computer comes back up it should automatically find the driver.
9) Go to Device Manager.
10) Expand Batteries.
11) Right-click the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" that is listed there.
12) Click "Search automatically for updated driver software"
Do the same thing with Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Embedded Controller.
Restart the computer and the issue should be fixed.
I hope that helps.
To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
Sandytechy20 I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for?
Ask the community