Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
ENvy 360 15T-W200
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This is the status of my laptop after the windows update which fkd up volume drivers on most other similar families of laptops

Equipment not Working:

Headphone Jack
Volume control
Internal Speakers & Mic

Wifi & Bluetooth
Screen Brightness control

Also, my MS office licence got blocked, so may have to buy it again.

Tried the following solutions:

- BIOS update

- Driver Update

- Windows Update

- Recovery

Everything else got changed except the aforementioned problems.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Vermayan
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help,  I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Firstly, perform Windows Update and HP Support Assistant: ( do not skip any troubleshooting steps if you feel steps are repeating ) 

To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.

Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.

1. To open HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon https://support.hp.com/doc-images/932/c05040382.jpg.
  2. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
  3. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
  4. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
  5. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
  6. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

And, also run BIOS Update: Follow steps from the link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00042629

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Vermayan

Thank you for posting back. 

I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Let's try Bios Recovery using a keypress combination:

1. Turn off the computer, and then connect the power cord.
  2. Press and hold the Windows key and the B key at the same time, and then press and hold the Power button for 2 to 3 seconds.
  3. Release the Power button but continue pressing the Windows and B keys. You might hear a series of beeps.

If this recovery method fails, use another working computer to create a BIOS recovery flash drive to install the latest BIOS file.
Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02693833 to know more about Recovering the BIOS (Basic Input Output System)

Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Manual key based recovery did not work.

Does this apply to my pc? "Reset the CMOS" 

HP Recommended

I mean the recovery was successful and without errors, but it did not change anything on the original problem.

HP Recommended

@Vermayan

The last thing I can suggest trying is a restore back to the factory. Performing an HP system recovery (Windows ) While doing the recovery there is an option to backup your personal files. If you have not previously done one now is a good time. 

Restoring Files that were Backed Up Using HP Recovery Manager (Windows )You can also contact HP support for assistance.  

The HP Cloud Recovery Tool allows you to download recovery software to a USB drive. You can use the downloaded recovery image file in order to install the Windows operating system. 

Please click “

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I doubt if this can make a difference, except spoiling few software licences. I believe the problem is with the control chip for all these functions, as I neither see drivers nor any signs of hardware (wifi, bluetooth, speakers and mic) detection on the Device Manager or windows.

Screen controls are also missing from every corner they could be present, changing power plan does not change the screen brightness. So far you have been suggesting the common repair steps.

I'd request you to suggest troubleshooting steps to identify the issue, rather than throwing solution KBAs on me.

HP Recommended

@Vermayan

Apologize for the inconvenience caused,

As you've mentioned that the multiple issues started after a windows update, therefore we started performing software related troubleshooting steps in order to isolate the issue. Hence I would suggest reinstalling the clean windows OS will determine the failure. However, if its a hardware related issue with the computer then you need to service the computer. 

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.