Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 10 Tablet - 2101
Android 4.4 - 4.4.4 KitKat

I am trying to update the OS to Android Nougat.  I have the update from HP loaded on the Micro SD Card.  When I select Apply Update from External Storage, I get the following error:  e:failed to mount /extsd (Invalid argument)

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@bigdaddy034,

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums! I see from your post you are having issues updating the OS on your HP Tablet. Don't worry we'll work together to help you find a solution.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

What size is the card? Is it an SD HC, or SD XC card? How is it formatted?

Does this card work in other devices?

In the meantime, I have found a wonderful document which should help you resolve this issue: Updating the Android Operating System Using a Recovery Image (Though the header/title may be different, the steps will help resolve your concern)

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Eagerly waiting for your response!

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

What size is the card? 64GB

Is it an SD HC, or SD XC card?Micro SD

How is it formatted? 32Bit (I was orginally attempting the update with the card formatted as NTFS)

Does this card work in other devices? Yes

Thanks for the suggestions.  It appears the inital problem was with the formatting of the SD Card.  Per the instructions, formatting the card in 32 Bit format, allows the table to see the card.

The table successfully installed the update (Nougat), but when rebooting the tablet after the update was installed, it boots as normal to the HP main menu.  The "Android is upgrading" message never appears. (I reset the tablet to factory settings before trying to install the Nougat OS). So when the tablet reboots, it goes to the Welcome Screen where you pick your language, etc.

HP Recommended

@bigdaddy034,

Thanks for the update,

After reviewing your post thoroughly, I see that the SD card is getting detected more over the update got installed, however you are having issues after the reboot.

In this scenario, I will share you a private message with details. Please watch your inbox for more information.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.