Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Spectre 360 Laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just purchased an HP Spectre 360 Laptop.  I installed all the required updates.  The laptop worked for a few days, now I'm getting a USB Connector Manager (UCM-UCSI ACPI Device) driver error Code 43.  I've tried re-installing, but with the same results.  How can I resolve this issue?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@AlexRodz I suggest you follow the below steps in the recommended sequence to resolve the issue:

• Method 1. Restart Your Computer
    • If you are using a desktop computer, unplug the USB, then go to "Windows" > "Power" > "Restart".
    • If you are using a laptop, unplugging USB from the computer sometimes doesn't resolve the problem because the battery still holds power. To fix this, unplug all of your USB devices, turn off the PC and take out the battery, then let the PC set for about 5 minutes. After that, put the battery back in and restart the PC. Next, plug your USB devices back in one at a time and make sure that they work.

• Method 2. Solve Error Code 43 by Fixing the Device Driver
    • If your USB has a hardware problem or its driver or driver software is falling, you can try the following:
      • Solution 1. Update the Device Driver
      • Try to install the latest drivers for your USB drive. It's very likely that installing the latest drivers for the device will remove code 43 error.
        • Step 1. Go to "Search", type device manager, and choose "Device Manager" from the result. Then it opens with your computer name at the top and a list of devices that are installed on your computer beneath your computer name.
        • Step 2. Find and right-click the problematic device and choose "Properties".
        • Step 3. Click "Driver" and then choose "Update Driver".
        • Step 4. Click "Search automatically for updated driver software".

• Solution 2. Roll Back the USB Driver
        • If you have updated the device driver before the error code 43 occur, rolling back the device driver could be one of the choices to fix the issue.
          • Step 1. Open "Device Manager".
          • Step 2. Right-click your device driver and choose "Properties".
          • Step 3. Go to "Driver" > "Roll Back Driver".
            ​​​​​​​
      • Solution 3. Uninstall and Reinstall the Device Driver
        • Some users have also reported the effectiveness of reinstalling the device driver to fix error code 43 in Windows 10. Try to uninstall and then reinstall your USB driver:
          • Step 1. Search and open "Device Manager". 
          • Step 2. Locate the malfunctioning device in the list of devices, right-click the device, and then click Uninstall. When a warning message appears that you are uninstalling a device from your system, click "OK". Device manager uninstalls the device.
          • Step 3. Right-click your computer name in Device Manager and click "Scan for hardware changes". Device manager scans your system and automatically reinstalls your device.
          • Step 4. Right-click the device and click "Properties". On the General tab of the device Properties dialog box, in Device status, you should see the message "This device is working properly".

Method 3. Re-enable the Device

If you have tried method 2, you may be quite familiar with Device Manager now. To re-enable your USB, you just need to go to the "Driver" tab and choose "Disable Device" > "Enable Device".

Method 4. Update BIOS: Click here for details.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I called HP Support and went through those steps.  Unfortunately, it turned out to be a hardware failure.  I requested service from HP so I was supposed to send for repair, however, I decided to return for a refund instead.  Thanks much for your response.

HP Recommended

@AlexRodz

Thank you for the update.

If you need any assistance in the future, please feel free to write back to me.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.