cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
PamelaKay_11
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Factory Reset and Password

HP Recommended
HP Stream 14” laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hello , I am new here so sorry in advance. I have a Hp laptop that I have not used over 2 years. Before I stopped using it I deleted my username for my Skype not realizing I also deleted the log in username for my computer. I have tried to reset the Pc and a error message came up and said” Additional free space is needed on the drive where Windows is installed. Free up some space and try again.” I can’t not get past the log in page as I do not remember the password or is the email address still valid as it was deleted. I h e also tried shutting the computer off and pressing f11 to try troubleshooting but it is also not working to factory reset. Will I be able to get back into my laptop? Thank you in advance! 🙂

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
129,150 119,327 19,487 29,781
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

You won't be able to do anything without the password.

What you can do in order to use your PC again is this...

Make a bootable W10 USB installation flash drive using another Windows PC, and the media creation tool at the link below.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

When you get to the window where you are asked 'Where do you want to install Windows,' delete every partition on the hard drive, leaving just one partition of unallocated space.  Click Next, and W10 should install.

After W10 has completed installing, you can install the drivers and available software from the support page.

PamelaKay_11
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello , thank you so much for your help! Have a great day. 

0 Kudos
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
129,150 119,327 19,487 29,781
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

You have a great day too!

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation